Utah
e.s.c. wrote:

is there any particular reason most of you haven't gone to chicago chip gigs in the past?

Well, I'm relatively new to chip and I haven't been in the area long term for about a decade, but if this actually happens I'll make sure to introduce myself.

Last edited by The Laohu (Apr 28, 2012 4:30 am)

Milwaukee, WI
e.s.c. wrote:

is there any particular reason most of you haven't gone to chicago chip gigs in the past?

For one, I can't drive. wink

Milwaukee, WI

Summation of thread:

These are the artists who commented and are willing to play...

- Theta_Frost
- The Laohu
- ROCKMAN
- 8bit404
- Moriokun
- Noisewaves
- Shitbird
- DJCactus
- Kool Skull
- Proswell
- Baron Knoxbury! (I hope...)
- Squidula
- Snesel
- Crooked Sidewalks (?)
- SUPERNERD wants to fight!
- Pandastar
- Saskrotch
- E.S.C.

I can't speak for them, but Awkward Terrible, CCDM and Stagediver are also in the area - and they are cool.

E.S.C. also can do visuals.

Sounds like all the ingredients of a good show to me!  Now we just need a venue, date, and final roster of performers.  To be honest, if everyone who wants to play came, it would still be a fun time - regardless of turnout.  It's a practical blip fest midwest! big_smile

ohgodno, Indiana

Todays ganna be me strickly calling venues and getthing this set up, was thinking sometime after the 4th of july
also found a place ( for now ) thats lk $200-300 to rent. I need more details tho ( PA, all that fun stuff ) but yea im deff ganna make this happen.
If all these artists are willing to play this would be one hell of a show smile

Utah

I was hoping this would happen before Summerfest, but I'm still down for whenever.

ohgodno, Indiana

This is starting to look good fella's....looking like something prob after the fourth of july wink

edit: Venue  is lovin this because they've never seen  anything like it till now so there for this maybe a more than one time thing

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (May 13, 2012 3:04 am)

Milwaukee, WI

I don't mean to be a buzzkill (yes I do) but I see a "prob" and a "maybe" in that response.

Did you end up looking in WI, particularly in Milwaukee at all?

Chicago IL

also i should add, I don't have a license, so I usually get play shows with Kkrusty, who is awesome, and has a license / car. And we're gonna be in Kentucky July 13-14th for BRKfest.

Chicago

Well shit. Saskrotch, I can most certainly give you a lift to and from the show.
I hope to be at BRKfest

ohgodno, Indiana
TSC wrote:

I don't mean to be a buzzkill (yes I do) but I see a "prob" and a "maybe" in that response.

prob= probably *not problem

and no i havent looked because i want something in the Chicagoland / Northwest Indiana area
u dont have to go man no ones making you  lol....but yea if u needa ride i can help with that Saskrotch

Edit: Mainly because i know most of the people that run the venues...will also most likely b able to throw the "out of towners" some gas money of course

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (May 13, 2012 4:02 pm)

Chicago IL

i'm not really looking for a ride, i'm saying you should book kkrusty cause he's awesome

Milwaukee, WI
b4by f4c3 wrote:
TSC wrote:

prob= probably *not problem

and no i havent looked because i want something in the Chicagoland / Northwest Indiana area
u dont have to go man no ones making you  lol....but yea if u needa ride i can help with that Saskrotch

Edit: Mainly because i know most of the people that run the venues...will also most likely b able to throw the "out of towners" some gas money of course

Again, buzzkill here. I know what you meant by "prob." My point was that when you are anything less than 100% certain when booking a show - in this case: "prob" and "maybe" - it's "prob" not a good idea to start thinking Blip status.

Remember Chip-con? I'd hate to see my Midwest peeps get involved in a similar mess.

As for mentioning Milwaukee - I read the NWI in your previous post as Northern WI/Chicagoland not Northwestern Indiana/Chicagoland.

Food for thought - Milwaukee is 90 miles north of Chicago, close enough to Minnesota and a hop away from Madison. We have large venues that are used to this style of music and would love the business. Just saying.

/end of hijack

Utah

Bumping because I'd really like this to happen and I'm hoping for an update.

Chicago IL, USA

I'm from the suburbs (Mundelein). I am currently overseas, but you guys should get on setting something regular up so when I come home I can throw my money at all of you and maybe play eventually when I stop being strictly a laptop musician. If nothing happens by next year when I'm home, fuck it we can have shows at my house and I'll give you all beer.

Milwaukee, WI
SadPanda wrote:

fuck it we can have shows at my house and I'll give you all beer.

Great on paper, questionable in execution.

I once played a living room with Anamanaguchi, Saskrotch and Infinity Shred (great time!). Chicago police showed up during the beginning of my set and effectively broke up the impromptu loft-massive. Thankfully I was having "technical difficulties" so those fine officers didn't really know what the hell was going on.

Sidenote -

Quote of the night from Nigel: "WHAT. I'M A GROWN ASS MAN." This legendary quote was directed at a cop when Nigel was stopped with two 40's in one hand and three blunts in the other...all while three stoned-ass kids were hiding behind him.

IL, US

i remember that night, and bailing for grown-ass man reasons (work in the AM)

edit: oh yeah, bud melvin played that too