Texas

Nintendocore is dying down with only a few artists left that includes Rawesome, Protoflight, Rascovok, IWWFD and a few others.

Pretty much nintendocore made me transition to my post hardcore scene to the chip scene.
I really don't see any discussion on here that talks about nintendocore artists and they're actually pretty good in my opinion.

Another thing I want to point out is that why does pretty much all previous nintendocore artists transition to ambient?
I really have no clue.
Monomate died down and started making ambient, as well as Erick 5 (from 100DR), and Rawesome.

All thats left in nintendocore is the pokemon split that is preparing to finish in 2014 or 2015 and at that time everyone would probably stop making nintendocore and that's when it would probably die for good.
I run into a few people who like the genre and some people who don't so...

Everyone has their different views on nintendocore so I would like to hear them.

UK

Never knew a style like that existed until now. Music styles don't 'die', they evolve and elements get recycled from it. Or it can have the opposite effect where a style gets such an amount of popularity that it just exists as an imitation of something thats already been done.

Sounds like there's a particular audience and following to it.

Last edited by CS (Apr 29, 2012 12:28 pm)

Nottingham, UK

Wasn't nintendocore a joke HORSE the Band came up with that went wildly wrong when people took it too seriously?

Regardless, I think that all music kind of changes over time. My first real experience of anything approaching chip music was HORSE the Band and IAMERROR. In the time that I've been listening to chip music there's been several distinct strands of it at anyone time, all of which have risen or faded in popularity over time. Just as over the course of my life I've seen different genres fall in and out of popularity.

I'm in a band at the moment which is basically alt rock with a gameboy and a synth not sure if that counts as nintendocore or not tongue . If it does, I guess there's some life in it yet haha smile
http://soundcloud.com/forabrokenearth/boxcutter-sample

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 29, 2012 1:24 pm)

ya gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boys soul

Tokyo, Japan

I hadn't heard of the genre before, a quick look on wikipedia and the definition seems incredibly vague event by wikipedia standards. Seem to be "any type of music with guitar / drums so long as it is tangentally connected to video games"?

Not knocking it but it is a pretty wide net!

UK

Nintendocore -> Chiptune = Transitioning.

Unsubscribe
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Wasn't nintendocore a joke HORSE the Band came up with that went wildly wrong when people took it too seriously?

Sounds like the general creative arc of the band anyways.

uhajdafdfdfa

i think nintendocore is bad but i don't see it as a PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME that was specifically designed to offend me as a chiptuner

it's just a kind of rock music

Puerto Rico

I love it. Even the shitty instrumentals that truly weren't that shitty like Dr. Drank/INSERTDISC's stuff.

I prefer that to the really bad quality singing of bands like early IAE and I shot the duck hunt dog. But yeah, it seems like it was just a passing fad. So sad. I didn't even know the pokemon split was actually going to happen and not gonna stay at it's current status of 20 songs for Gengar, Golbat and Gyarados. And I wouldn't describe monomate's new stuff as ambient in the least.

There was actually a local band going around a few months ago calling themselves nintendocore but all they did was sample mario it was so sad.......... I asked and they didn't know nintendocore was a thing on the internet.

Last edited by Xuriik (Apr 29, 2012 3:30 pm)

Rochester, NY

wait nintendocore was actually a thing?

I thought it was just a shitty alternate name for chiptune/chiptunes

there's good and bad in EVERY genre right?  I never got fully into nintendocore, but I saw Horse, and it was a good show. Never bought an album though.

Godzilladelph

Mc Frontalot is legit. Too be honest, I haven't gotten really into the genre at all, but the rest of the stuff i've heard fucking sucks.Mc Chris is dicks

buffalo, NY
SKGB wrote:

Mc Frontalot is legit. Too be honest, I haven't gotten really into the genre at all, but the rest of the stuff i've heard fucking sucks.Mc Chris is dicks

lol, swing and a miss.  That's nerdcore

São Paulo, Brazil

I prefer segacore bands. My mate digs sinclaircore instead.

buffalo, NY
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Dude, I heard this FM Towns Martycore band the other day that was siiiiiiick

ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

wait nintendocore was actually a thing?

I thought it was just a shitty alternate name for chiptune/chiptunes

I'm with those who say chiptune isn't a genre but a medium. Therefore, nintendocore would be a genre which uses the chiptune medium, if you go by my standards.

And, well, most well-respected chiptune artists focus on leaving the videogameish image aside and just make music with the soundchip, and if I understand correctly, nintendocore musicians focus more on trying to evoke the image of videogames in their songs.

danimal cannon wrote:
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Dude, I heard this FM Towns Martycore band the other day that was siiiiiiick

Nah. It's all about...

Commocore. BA-DUM-TSSH

(Some people know it as Sixtycore, though.) BA-DUM-TSSH

Last edited by El Huesudo II (Apr 29, 2012 11:53 pm)