Louisiana

Just curious of anyone knows how to front light a gameboy color while keeping the power led intact? Also how much would it cost for you to do it for me. Or can you send me somewhere that tells me exactly what I need and how to do it as cheaply as possibly. Id prefer not sacrificing an SP. I've heard of people doin it with some leap frog system. It I don't know which one or how.

Last edited by Vex (May 4, 2012 5:56 am)

I don't think it touches the power led at all, I believe the was only with older style backlights. I've frontlit a few gbcs now and would say that I really hate doing it. it's extremely hard to solder the Little ribon cable, if you don't solder much. This is by far the best DIY guide for this:
http://mikejmoffitt.com/wp/?p=70

Last edited by 12ianma (May 4, 2012 8:14 am)

I also got one Frontlighted here, but i didn't do it.
Also i don't recommend it, 'cause the light get's dimmed really fast D: (But maybe that's just the soldering from the dude who did it?)

Louisiana

Thanks guys. And Maize I've actually used that tutorial before step by step used the correct sp and everything and it turned didn't work at all. It didn't light the screen at all. The soldering points were no issue at all, I solder smaller points all the time. But it didn't light the screen up very well. I think maybe a quarter of the screen was lit up lol. Even in the dark it didn't turn out how I was hoping. It mainly just added a really bad glare to the screen. But it was my first and only try maybe I messed something up. Since you recommend it I'll give it another shot. I have a source to get SPs for about 10$ so I'll grab one and try again and hopefully my results are better than before.

I could do it again, if you'd let me. Pm me if interested