Tulsa, OK

I do not disagree that my music is not worth being paid for.

I just do not see how it is productive to voice hostility towards a project because you do not wish to participate in the conditions.

I priobably would have no intrest in participating if I felt that this was responded to appropriately.

A gray world of dread

As a coder, I have this to share:
Structure before content - always have the basic prototype working with placeholders before you commit to assets. And sound & music are usually the last in line.

As a musician (who worked on a few indie games), I agree with boomlinde, although I'd have phrased it a bit more diplomatic wink

Rochester, NY

I was surprised we didn't get some batshit crazy mean replies.  We got standard sarcasm and even some polite replies kindly stating that people probably aren't going to work for free without proof there won't be wasted effort.

Basically, you're thinking about doing this just because no one else wanted to, and because everyone was "mean?"  You sure taught me a lesson

Gosford, Australia
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

I was surprised we didn't get some batshit crazy mean replies.

you're a POOPY BUTT.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

You sure taught me a lesson

I think we all learned a lesson here today. . . Smoking is wrong, kids.

NC in the US of America

This has been a very informative and eye-opening thread. It has caused me to re-evaluate my self-value as a musician. I find it ironic that the OP took all of the criticism and advice very well, and learned something from it, and only AFTER that took place did someone suddenly appear to defend the OP, after the OP had moved on.

Auxcide wrote:

You sure taught me a lesson

I think we all learned a lesson here today. . . Smoking is wrong, kids.

I learned that you can't just drop into a music community and say "Make me some free music, please," and expect people to just drop everything and make you some just because you asked. It shows a lack of respect and esteem for the musicians who make up the community who place a high value on their music.

You'd have better luck of commissioning free music at a Game Maker forum, I think.

Tulsa, OK

I was surprised we didn't get some batshit crazy mean replies.  We got standard sarcasm and even some polite replies kindly stating that people probably aren't going to work for free without proof there won't be wasted effort.

Basically, you're thinking about doing this just because no one else wanted to, and because everyone was "mean?"  You sure taught me a lesson

I'm not trying to teach anybody a lesson here, if there is a lesson to be learned it is by me; I only looked at this through the perspective of Turac. I agree a lot with the basics of what you guys are saying.
I probably fit the stereotype of the mediocre talent that you described as well. You were correct about the quality of the work that he will get from me, I am not the best. I am doing it because no one else wanted to, that is true.

It would be nice if he was more prepared and knowledgeable when he created this thread, but Its not a big deal to me; I am just playing off of the idea of hack and slash, and the silliness of the title, and it is okay if the track does not fit and is not used; I did what he asked.

I do not think you guys should have replied as mean as you did, however I see how you feel and understand. No hard feelings. I do not think any less of any of you, in fact I really CC's and Victory Road's music! This whole thing is silly when i think about it, it was late when I made that first post and I came across as a bit more passionate than I really am now that I am fully awake, but I don't retract what I said.

Now you guys are probably going to poke fun at me because I am trying to end a confrontation that I would have brought upon myself, but it is okay.

Tulsa, OK

Duplicated post sorry tongue

Last edited by Jake Allison (May 8, 2012 5:34 pm)

Rochester, NY

As long as we are all still friends

except victory road, that guy is a jerk he called me a poopy butt in all caps and everything

never been so insulted in my life

Tulsa, OK

Right smile

Jake Allison wrote:

I'm not trying to teach anybody a lesson here, if there is a lesson to be learned it is by me; I only looked at this through the perspective of Turac. I agree a lot with the basics of what you guys are saying.
I probably fit the stereotype of the mediocre talent that you described as well. You were correct about the quality of the work that he will get from me, I am not the best. I am doing it because no one else wanted to, that is true.

It would be nice if he was more prepared and knowledgeable when he created this thread, but Its not a big deal to me; I am just playing off of the idea of hack and slash, and the silliness of the title, and it is okay if the track does not fit and is not used; I did what he asked.

I do not think you guys should have replied as mean as you did, however I see how you feel and understand. No hard feelings. I do not think any less of any of you, in fact I really CC's and Victory Road's music! This whole thing is silly when i think about it, it was late when I made that first post and I came across as a bit more passionate than I really am now that I am fully awake, but I don't retract what I said.

Now you guys are probably going to poke fun at me because I am trying to end a confrontation that I would have brought upon myself, but it is okay.

Again, I apologize for my mistake of being pre-emptive. I will go away, work on the game, and come back here with something solid.

We now have a website (www.lonehamster.com), but it doesn't have anything on it.

Last edited by Traurnroth (May 10, 2012 12:32 am)

Melbourne, Australia
Traurnroth wrote:

We now have a website (www.lonehamster.com), but it doesn't have anything on it.

How legit.

Sydney, NSW

Love the extremely professional footer text hehuehueheHHEUHHHHH

Derris-Kharlan wrote:
Traurnroth wrote:

How legit.

How legit do you want it to be?

Nashville, Tennessee
Traurnroth wrote:
Derris-Kharlan wrote:

How legit.

How legit do you want it to be?

legit as FUCK.