Louisiana

Hey guys I'm hoping one of you can help me. I've looked on google and I can't find anywhere that actually lists in flat out lamens terms what the wires from a DMG-07 four player adapter are. Ive heard this is the wire to use to make a keyboard the easiest. So it being so commonly use some one has got to know right? Also hoping some one can help with the keyboard points itself. The keyboard is labeled but not at the same time. Lol

DMG-07 wires Pic:

I know I only use four of the wires but which four? And what are they individually?

Keyboard Daughter Board Pic:

I have no idea what D- and D+ are. I'm assuming one must be data and the other is clock but which?
I also am guessing that G is ground and V is power?

Anyone know for sure? First person that flat out names the DMG Wires for me an helps me get the keyboard wires right I'll mail you a DMG-07 four player adapter for you to play with. I have 3 of them so have no problem sending you one if you want it free of charge. And I'll even cover the shipping. I can even send you the board and box of the one I cut these wires out of since I have no use for it except the wire lol.

Last edited by Vex (May 9, 2012 11:22 am)

Louisiana

Oh and please dont point me here...

http://the.fontvir.us/b10g/?id=126

It doesn't help me at all. xD.

I also found this but it's not narrowing anything but ground and power for me keyboard side lol.
Still have no idea which put of the D- and D+ need to be connected to data and clock DMG side. And still need all the info DMG side.

http://attachments.techguy.org/attachme … or_usb.jpg

Last edited by Vex (May 5, 2012 5:23 am)

Are you using a PS/2 keyboard, or USB? A USB keyboard generally won't work. Some support PS/2 data, some don't.

Louisiana

It's a ps/2 for sure. Any tips?

Well the header has pinouts for a USB cable, but the silkscreen says PS/2.

Try connecting data- to clock. That's how it works with PS/2-USB adapters, I'm pretty sure at least...

Louisiana

I think I can figure the keyboard side out now. The main issue I'm having is the four colors of the DMG wire I need to use. And which is which. I'm using a DMG-07 four player adapter so I know it's a common one used. Someone out there has to know what color wire is what lol.

brown = voltage, yellow = data, green = clock, blue = ground.

Louisiana

Thank you so much man. Ill let you know my results for sure. Do you want the parts I offered? Also that means I can just cut the other cables off of the DMG thing?

Last edited by Vex (May 5, 2012 5:53 am)

Louisiana

Okay guys i got it all hooked up. Does anyone know how to set it up to actually play on lsdj version 4.5.4? I'm not having any luck. Then again I don't know how set it up or build an instrument that is compatible with a keyboard. Any walk throughs anyone can point me to?

Edit: okay I read that the keyboard works with version 4.6.5 and I've tried again an still no luck. The keyboard flashes when I plug it in or power the gameboy on and I go to sync and put it on keyboard and I try to play. I press start and have the phrase running trough and still no luck. I've swapped the two cables that could possibly be wrong an still nothing. No solder is touching anywhere in my keyboard. Is there an older version I should play with that works for te keyboard? And how do I actually get the instruments ad stuff laid out to actually play. I've checked out Thretris tutorial for it and no luck. Can any one tell me a flat out simple easy ass way to set up a test instrument that is fail proof so I can make sure it's not the keyboard or is the keyboard.

Last edited by Vex (May 5, 2012 10:36 am)

Your keyboard seems to support both USB and PS/2 protocol. Just judging by the pin indications. Sounds like it's not starting in PS/2 mode.

Another possibility is your DMG isn't getting enough power. So if your batteries are low or if you're using an AC adapter that is not supplying enough power, the keyboard won't work. You may still see the LEDs light up though.

As for testing, I have a PS/2 adapter here with some cosmetic flaws that I could sell you. So if you have a different keyboard, that would be a good way to test it.

Louisiana

Hmmm thats odd that it would support both. And the batteries are brand new just bought them 2 days ago and put them in last night. I haven't event tried my power adapter yet. Never even thought it might not be getting enough power. I'll try plugging the gameboy into a power supply and if that fails I'll slap some batteries in the keyboard and see of it helps give it enough power. If these fail I'll probably hit you up for a DMG to ps/2 adapter. Or I'll just break down and buy a damn keyboard from someone, this is my 4th attempt and I'm honesty getting sick of trying been wanting one for over a year just getting annoyed with the destruction of so many keyboards with no results. I honesty think a lot of it is I don't know how to set up LSDJ for keyboard except to sync it. My version may not be compatible. Ie read that a lot of the newer versions won't run keyboards anymore. I dunno I'll keep playing with it...Blum to get it working one day.

Louisiana

LSDJ keyboard complete and working. Not the same keyboard I was trying but I managed to get this one to work so yay!

Sacramento, CA

Looks gorgeous, love the pollock!

Louisiana

Haha thanks. But Uhmm...what's pollock? Lol

rochester, ny
Vex wrote:

Haha thanks. But Uhmm...what's pollock? Lol

jackson pollock, a painter famous for the use of paint splatters.

Louisiana

Gotcha... I feel really stupid lol. The splatters actually happened as an accident while I was shaking a paint pen lol. So I went ahead and splattered it rather than repaintong an area lol.