Okay guys, for being a forum about music created with video-game consoles of all things there's far too little discussion about gaming going on.

I'm going to be getting a bit bored this summer and I need something to pass the time; recommend to me your favourite game that roughly lines up with one of these specs;

Preferably a super fun online mode
First person shooter OR addictive puzzle-sort game
Under $50,
preferably on Steam or Desura or something
Must be available on PC

Some old games I like are

Team Fortress 2
Battlefield 2142
Portal 2
Braid
Zuma

So guys, what are you playing lately? Go hard.

Last edited by Zef (May 13, 2012 9:16 pm)

East Kilbride, Scotland
Zef wrote:

Okay guys, for being a forum about music created with video-game consoles of all things there's far too little discussion about gaming going on.

Maybe that's because a person that uses consoles to make music isn't necessarily interested in video games. smile

New York City

http://wolfenstein.bethsoft.com/
Playing it on my iPhone (free!!).

nashville,tn

tetris has been my jam for like 10 years now....i played the first two zeldas a bit recently, oh and fifa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleveland, OH

Gonna recommend Game Boy games here...
Megaman 2.
Aerostar. NEVER gets old!
Just destroyed Pokemon Crystal and loved it. Never played it since I had played Silver.
Bomberman.

iOS games:
Plants VS. Zombies. A short game but you can get pretty into all it's sub games. Super fun.
Been playing Solitaire on my ipod touch like crazy. lol
Tiny Wings is fun too. Bunch of achievements to get in that.

Xbox Live:
GO AND DOWNLOAD BASTIEN NOW. Best video game I have ever seen.

matt's mind

machinarium is a great game, been a out for a little while.

botanicula came out recently, haven't played it.  same studio.  will be playing soon.

the music for those two games is pretty remarkable.  floex/tomas dvorak on the first, DVA on second.  excellent. 

not really sure the platform you're looking for...

San Diego, CA

go play fez! it's like actually awesome! I've also been playing Journey lately and I'm finding it great!

if you have an iOS device, ZiGGURAT is also a lot of fun!

unfortunately it's been a little dry as far as multiplayer FPS games go sad

Killing floor and The Binding Of Isaac

New Orleans, Louisiana

2 days til Diablo 3... then ill never see sunlight for a few months or so.

I second Fez and ZiGGURAT! A friend of a friend actually developed the latter title. Fun fact, I guess.

Oh, and if you happen to own a Wii or have a system decent enough to run Dolphin, definitely check out Xenoblade Chronicles. It's a really gorgeous, open-world RPG that took a LOT of fan involvement to finally get it released stateside, so if it's your cup of tea, showing NoA that there's a market for actual games on their system in North America by picking it up would be cool. Just sayin'. tongue

Oh, and Cave Story, if you haven't played it. Amazing.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Offspring Fling (puzzle platformer by the guy that did Verge)
Portal 2 (it was a fiver)
Doom (all day everyday whahay)
Sanctum
Brainpipe: A Plunge To Unhumanity (it's like tripping)
and it's been a while but when it got re-released on steam I played the fuck out of Noitu Love 2!

Props @ kitsch and Lavar, those game are sick as

under $50 ($0) and on pc: forget me not

San Diego, CA
Kokoro wrote:

I second Fez and ZiGGURAT! A friend of a friend actually developed the latter title. Fun fact, I guess.

was it t-t-t-tim rogers?!?

I just want to know if he is your friend smile

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK
4mat wrote:

under $50 ($0) and on pc: forget me not

Got re-released on flash a few days ago (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595272)

California

Tribes: Ascend is awesome fun, and it's free-to-play. I'm absolutely terrible at it, but it's really one of the best free-to-play games out there. (Also if anyone wants to add me as a friend on Tribes my nick is VinCMG)

I've also been playing lots of Global Agenda (f2p MMO) and Synergy (Half-Life 2 mod) with friends.

Last edited by VCMG (May 13, 2012 9:47 pm)

Philadelphia

Have you played Facade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPx9zwH9IWc