Austin, TX

I have an extra clear shell lying around , and I wanted to paint the inside.  Does anyone have any advice, or tips on what to avoid?  I want to do it right!

I did this once with white acryllic paint. I say just go do it! Worst comes to worst you can wash it off. I used acryllic because even though it scratches off, it doesn't matter because it's on the inside. in the end it looked really cool ^^

matt's mind

tape up the edges that touch when the case is put together.  avoid paint there.

Riverside, CA

Add glitter to the paint.
Then Bedazzle the bejeesus out of it.

Austin, TX

I want to add something so its not just one flat color.  Maybe fade from the top with some metalic blue or something.  The paint I'm going to use looks white normally, but glows bright red in the dark, so hopefully it will dazzle.

.FILTHadelphia

At all costs, avoid the Jackson Pollock design.

Austin, TX

I thought maybe I could do a design in white paint, and then coat the rest with the white/red glow paint. Hopefully, you would only see the design when the other coat glows.

Louisiana
HimsyPimsy wrote:

I thought maybe I could do a design in white paint, and then coat the rest with the white/red glow paint. Hopefully, you would only see the design when the other coat glows.

I second this idea. That would be very badass.

Austin, TX
Vex wrote:

I second this idea. That would be very badass.

Unfortunately, the glow paint I got dries clear, and doesn't glow unless it's on there really thick. Like, puffy paint thick.  Going to rethink the interior color. Maybe I'll use a metallic model paint. Silver with red buttons or something.

This might be a dumb question, but is there any worry about the paint inside being flammable?

Germany/Florida

The innards dont get heated like that, so dont worry