Norway

Ok, so every time I see these chiptune shows around I think "dang how did they actually get this stuff out of the interwebz?" Seriously though, if I try to show any of my friends any chipmusic at all, the only feedback I get is "TURN DEM POKEMAN SOUNDS OFF, BOI".

So to the point. I'm curious, how has the evolution of chiptune outside of the webz been going so far and how is the chipcommunity in your area? Obviously it is underground as phuck and all that shit, I just get more and more interested in how all this stuff works.

I'll start
Welcome to the Norwegian chiptune community.
population: me

Armidale NSW Australia :D

+1 Community is non existant here as well sad

Chicago IL

bad

California

Mostly chipthrash. I think.

Edit: I should probably mention that Simi Valley is in the LA area.

Last edited by VCMG (May 22, 2012 1:14 am)

NC in the US of America

It's just me, as far as I can tell.

Norway

Suggestion:
Let's conquer some ground and create our own chiptune community country

Brooklyn NY US

It's all right.

Puerto Rico

There are like 2 artists on the other side of the island where it's all much more hip and out of the norm. I'm happy playing at my college's coffee shop and getting smiles.

New Orleans, Louisiana

I only know of one other chiptune persons other than myself in this lonely state (Vex).

brooklyn

in NYC its great... but I'm back in Maryland for the summer.  There's actually a decent amount of us here (between northern VA, DC, and WV), but we're all generally at least an hour's drive from each other, so its difficult to get together often.  There's also a huge lack of venues until you get into either Baltimore or DC, and even there, only a select few are supportive of anything that's not hip hop or terribly outdated hard rock cover bands.

We're a sleeping giant. wink

Godzilladelph
an0va wrote:

We're a sleeping giant. wink

nah yer just a bunch of assholes.

just kidding. to be honest I am extremely lucky to live in a city that has an amazing collection of people who genuinely all do very different things, and all do them extremely fucking well.

Ya'll are like, talented and shit  smile

tumbleweed.jpg

Godzilladelph
Kedromelon wrote:

in NYC its great... but I'm back in Maryland for the summer.  There's actually a decent amount of us here (between northern VA, DC, and WV), but we're all generally at least an hour's drive from each other, so its difficult to get together often.  There's also a huge lack of venues until you get into either Baltimore or DC, and even there, only a select few are supportive of anything that's not hip hop or terribly outdated hard rock cover bands.

there are some cool peoples out your way! if only ya'lls were more centralized

Hello, nice to meet you; I'm the chipmusic community of all of Saskatchewan (Which by the way, is 12 times the size of the STATE OF NEW YORK)... although I heard there was one other guy around here somewhere, never met him though.

Last edited by Zef (May 21, 2012 10:50 pm)

Godzilladelph
Kubbi wrote:

Suggestion:
Let's conquer some ground and create our own chiptune community country

so down for this.