The Laohu wrote:

Finished yet, Danimal?

3/4 done

Is there a deadline for submissions?

Robotcity, the year 20XX
danimal cannon wrote:

I can do that

There goes my motivation big_smile

yeah, i'm done with mine. It's epic as all hell.

New York City
an0va wrote:

Is there a deadline for submissions?

JForceGames wrote:

Oh yeah, we don't have a concrete deadline yet. The game won't be released for another 1-2 months probably. Once it gets close, we'll post a deadline (unless we've already gotten a track that's just absolutely perfect that we definitely want).

Hey guys, quick status update. First off, we’re setting a deadline: June 7th. And since many of you have requested feedback on your submissions, we’re just gonna answer all those requests with this: If your name isn’t K-wix or Danimal Cannon, then your track wasn’t what we’re looking for. These guys’ tracks are the only ones we’re considering right now---They’re a whole tier above the rest (not just in quality, but mainly suitability). So feel free to submit another track, but if you want us to give you specific, individual feedback then your first draft needs to be in the ballpark of these other two tracks.

Thanks!

Utah

We were foolish to challenge Danimal...

Caught some heat on another forum for the condescending tone of our latest response (which is understandable). Here's my reply to that in case anyone here is feeling the same way:

Apologies for the bluntness. Didn't mean to disrespect anyone, just wanted to be upfront about everything. But really when I said suitability I meant that. There were many tracks that sounded really cool but they just weren't what we wanted for our game's main menu. Also there were a few guys who basically said "here's my track, let me know if you want any changes or something completely different." So this is an invitation for them to try something different, if they want to. I figured it could only help us in getting the perfect track.

lol i forgot about this

Unsubscribe

Tough Love isnt a bad thing. Set your Goal Markers how you want them!

buffalo, NY

Word I got good at a lot of things because of honest, harsh criticism

NC in the US of America
JForceGames wrote:

Caught some heat on another forum for the condescending tone of our latest response (which is understandable). Here's my reply to that in case anyone here is feeling the same way:

Apologies for the bluntness. Didn't mean to disrespect anyone, just wanted to be upfront about everything. But really when I said suitability I meant that. There were many tracks that sounded really cool but they just weren't what we wanted for our game's main menu. Also there were a few guys who basically said "here's my track, let me know if you want any changes or something completely different." So this is an invitation for them to try something different, if they want to. I figured it could only help us in getting the perfect track.

One guess as to what forum that was.

One guess as to why most of the remixes that come from that forum are just missing that "certain something" that would allow them to deserve the title of "over-clocked", or even just "really good".

I doubt anybody here would be offended by your tone.

I'm going to have to go check out some of K-wix's stuff, because I really didn't like most of what he did to some of my favorite Cave Story songs in the Cave Story Wii, +, and 3D ports. But he must have something going for him.

Sorry, I have nothing to contribute to this thread, but I look forward to seeing how this all turns out.

Last edited by an0va (Dec 24, 2017 7:34 am)

Utah

I'm amazed how some people can't take a little criticism. I just put myself in the "many tracks that sounded really cool but they just weren't what we wanted" category and felt good.

Westfield, NJ

this is chipmusic

eventually you just accept the fact that you are not danimal cannon and move on