Milwaukee, WI
egr wrote:

Out of curiosity, are label specific merch tables not a usual thing? Didnt really expect to be the only one.

I was going to do it this year. The roller coaster of progress went something like this:

$1800+ invested. Finalized. Wait. Wait. Made more plans. Fucked by state. Wait. Wait. Crash. Burn. Burn harder. Still burning. Wait. Wait. OH MY LIVING FUCK GOD THIS BURNS. Earth turns black. Spend last $5 at water park in Wisconsin Dells.

Bootleg stream was good though.

Just curious, did anyone check out my purple limited edition DMG on the kitsch table?

Boston, MA

i can't believe it's over already. what a fucking tremendous weekend. i hope you all had as good a time / danced as hard as i did.

Last edited by campbell (May 29, 2012 3:56 am)

São Paulo, Brazil

My five favorite things on Blip:

- Omodaka
- Nullsleep set
- meeting in person people I only know from the interwebz
- chilling with the guys at the backstage
- my good friend Bleo showing up completely out of the blue

Brooklyn NY US

That was a real nice time.

The Bronx

Boston, MA
PULSELOOPER wrote:

My five favorite things on Blip:

- PULSELOOPER
- PULSELOOPER
- PULSELOOPER
- PULSELOOPER
- PULSELOOPER

matt's mind

Blip was completely renewing.  Mind boggling in so many ways. 

It was incredibly great to meet all of you smile

Turku, FIN

omg, KODEK set uploaded. So good!

buffalo, NY

So I guess I'll attempt to make a comprehensive blip post.

PROS
- Brooklyn salsa company
- George and Jonathan headbands
- Batsly Adams finger wag board
- the lovely manchests of Starpause and deadbeatblast
- Shitbird being a big distorted mess
- Chipocrite playing a killer set then transforming into cool as a cucumber logistics fireman
-  Kodek giving us Latvian incredibleness.
- Bitshifters endearing cart crash
- Kris Keyser playing the most fun set of the weekend holy shit
- Kris Keyser summoning espers
- Radlib, March of the Whoomping Nucleotides!
- Omodaka being the greatest artist I've ever witnessed.
- seriously  I just wanted to post how good Omodaka is again.
- Omodaka telling me he loved my set and asked me to come to Tokyo
- Wizwars telling the house to turn up the music.
- Burnkit2600 battle station setup
- Natty's guitar
- MisfitChis' blip dance party!
- Gramercy bartender giving me free drinks and shots because she liked my set so much (yeah winning over the staff)
- lots of drinks, fist pumps, hugs, and figurative dick sucking

CONS
- the sound and table position on Friday night. 
- $12 beers
- security being pretty strict
- 4foot barrier between the crowd (probably amazing for photographers though)
- having to leave

I'm sure I missed a few things, but thanks for an unforgettable weekend

Last edited by danimal cannon (May 29, 2012 8:09 pm)

Cleveland, OH
12ianma wrote:

Just curious, did anyone check out my purple limited edition DMG on the kitsch table?

Looked cool man!

I had so much fun! It was great getting to meet so many people that I've talked to online and others I hadn't.
I'll be going to as many events as possible now. It's worth trying to take the time off.

Austin, TX
danimal cannon wrote:

CONS
- the sound and table position on Friday night. 
- $12 beers
- 4foot barrier between the crowd (probably amazing for photographers though).

Seriously, my sole gripe is with the venue mainly for the above mentioned things. The exact minute I was over this place was when I asked for a water from the bartender, and he gave me one of those tiny paper cups that dentists give you to rinse out your mouth full of water. I ended up buying a $4 bottle of water (not even Perrier, damn) because the security pat-downs at the front door prevented me from sneaking any sort of liquid into this fine establishment.

Also a venue with stairs was probably a bad idea. Drunk nerds falling down them steps constantly.

That being said, I'm sure there were valid Reasons for choosing that location (but really, Eyebeam all the way).

Thanks to all the artists, though, for getting me to dance like there's an ass in my pants. Real Good Time.

Brooklyn NY US

Totally hear you and totally agree re: all the gripes about the venue. In a nutshell — every venue involves some degree of compromise. Eyebeam, for instance, was wonderful on the surface, but not being a traditional live-music venue (it's ordinarily an art gallery), it also fell to us to do things like rent / load in / assemble a stage; rent / load in a soundsystem; run a bar from scratch (i.e. sourcing and transporting the alcohol; enlisting bar staff; etc.); pay for a security team; and so forth. For what is generally a three- to six-person team, that's a lot of coordination and labor on top of simply organizing the event. Compromises at the Gramercy Theatre were a little more visible (i.e. absurd bar prices), and we recognize that, but sadly a lot of these details were out of our direct control and, in essence, came with the package. As ever, we did the best we could with what options were available, but sadly the bar prices remained exorbitant and there seemed to have been a bit of a learning curve with the sound. I hope everyone was able to see through the blemishes enough to enjoy themselves regardless, and as ever, thanks to everyone who came out, whether from near or far, and danced / raged / crowdsurfed despite the surly staff and laughable drink prices.

rochester, ny
danimal cannon wrote:

CONS

i still don't really understand the security guard drama. i heard some people complaining about security but never really heard what it was they were complaining about.

anyways, i talked to few of them at different points and they seemed like pretty good dudes. i think everyone thought they were trying to grab the crowd surfers and kick them out of the venue but i think they're trained to help people not fall on their heads/necks if they get pushed over the dividers. maybe i'm wrong about that.

but yeah, it was an incredible weekend. huge props to everyone who planned it! can't wait for next year.

São Paulo, Brazil
Bit Shifter wrote:

and there seemed to have been a bit of a learning curve with the sound

"...you know dude, the problem is your ATTITUDE"

Abandoned on Fire
ultraturducken wrote:

can someone please explain that minusbaby performance

Improvtechnojazz featuring flute and electric guitar.  Just like momma used to make.