Chicago

when I find myself somewhere between my deep disdain for humanity, disdain for myself, and the love of God, tbh

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

The universe, honestly. A lot of my songs are based off of feelings I get when thinking about the universe, space, planets, etc. That's why a lot of my songs are named things like Orbit, Nebula, Proto Star, Europa. It inspires me to write flowing melodies or complex arps to give off that feeling I feel. Other stuff is made out of the need to move and dance. wink

Gosford, Australia

all my lsdj songs are about being young and enjoying life 2 da max, so just thinking positive is my muse
also, toilet/shower/bus/train etc.

Seattle, WA US

drugs

AANABAY01

an imaginary universe in my head in which people are actually important. twisted up lore from old PC, Amiga and NES games made into a pseudophilosophy. the love of confrontational nonsense. a belief in stone circles and leylines and the appreciation of the natural, unmodified beauty in a landscape. mostly being incredibly dissatisfied with music in general.

shanghai

drugs. obviously.

England

lots of things.

jamming with friends.

music that i enjoy (old autechre and other old warp stuff, can, ariel pink, the chap, talking heads and pere ubu at the moment)

images that i have in my head from old games and scifi books or staring out of the bus window while stuck in traffic or the way the smoke from the river peoples boat heaters curls around in the lights at night by the bridge near the green dragon or the cows that try and intimidate me as i cycle through their field.

shanghai

"the cows that try and intimidate me as i cycle through their field" hahaha

i hear this in all of your fidgety acid techno man

uhajdafdfdfa

my BEST music was inspired by horses and the magic of horses

my other music is not really inspired by anything which explains why it isn't BEST

England

i get to see 2 horses on my way to work.

i get to see so many great animals in the fields by the river near my flat.

seeing animals on the way to work is good.

My Igloo

I'm greatly inspired by nature in general (like many others I guess). I create my best music when I can visualize it, add a story to it and it always happens at random. I can't force music, I only write when I'm in the right mood.

Sydney, NSW

I once wrote a song about the goats that never stop bleating at me at the bus stop.

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (Jun 13, 2012 1:13 pm)

Rochester, NY

the Japanese

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Jun 14, 2012 6:52 am)

Savannah, Georgia

oddly, the only thing that inspires me is other music, mainly early gangster rap. don't fucking ask me how that works.

Joliette, QC, Canada

I wrote my best stuffs when I'm :
Sad
Feeling lonely
and/or Fuckin' Pissed off !!!

Seattle, WA US
ant1 wrote:

my BEST music was inspired by horses and the magic of horses

my other music is not really inspired by anything which explains why it isn't BEST

I could honestly say that the second greatest influence of mine is my hate for horses and the people who love them