baltimore

ATTENTION CHIP MUSICIANS:

MAGFest 11 has been announced for January 3-6 2013!!!

We hope that this years chip show will be the best ever!  It will most likely take place on jan 4th & 5th (friday and saturday)

Everyone that is interested in performing please submit the info needed below to the MAGFest music department.

Deadline is August 31st
(strict policy, please don't miss the window)

submit to: [email protected]

INFO NEEDED FROM ARTISTS
------------------------
1. One primary contact name, email & phone number
2. Several audio tracks showcasing your material & musical style
3. Several videos of live performances (preferably at venues and not just at practice)
4. A brief list of some of past venues played (conventions, clubs, etc)
5. How many band members there are & where they live

please only submit if:
1) you are an experienced live performer
2) you will be able to travel to MAGFest and be available to perform on the festival dates

Last edited by emfedex (Jun 13, 2012 10:59 pm)

BK

yup, submitted.

Bronx, NY

Submitted this stuff yesterday afternoon! Here's hoping the early bird catches the worm.

Brooklyn, NY

I think there's been some confusion here: the MAG announcement was a general open call for performers (vg cover bands, etc), but the chip showcase has always been organized separately. There have been no announcements about that yet.

Centreville, VA

I'm definitely looking forward to this year! MAGfest is always a fun show. I'm pregged and ready to go!

Bronx, NY
Zen Albatross wrote:

I think there's been some confusion here: the MAG announcement was a general open call for performers (vg cover bands, etc), but the chip showcase has always been organized separately. There have been no announcements about that yet.

I got an IM from someone on the chip music showcase side yesterday, with essentially this same information. Now I'm doubly confused.

Some clarity, folks?

buffalo, NY

I think the general booking for MAG has been by people who don't really know the chip scene that well.  So they usually bring in a guy like Zen Albatross who hashis finger on the pulse of the scene to book the chip showcase however he pleases.

No idea if this is the case this year

Bronx, NY

Ahh, that would explain the misunderstanding. Thanks!

baltimore

Chip music performers have been added to open call like all the other musicians.  It is being handled differently this year.
the music department at MAGFest is ultimately in charge of the lineup which will be chosen only by those who submit to [email protected]
After the submission process is over they will be consulting with other people involved in the chip scene and determine lineup at that time.
This is coming directly from the head of the MAGFest music department.

DaPantz wrote:
Zen Albatross wrote:

I got an IM from someone on the chip music showcase side yesterday, with essentially this same information. Now I'm doubly confused.

Some clarity, folks?

Brooklyn, NY

Oh, looks like I'm not involved anymore. Wish I had found out through means other than a forum post!

Unsubscribe

Backing away slowly.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jun 14, 2012 12:13 am)

baltimore

I apologize for the confusion, I didn't realize this wasn't communicated earlier.

Zen Albatross wrote:

Oh, looks like I'm not involved anymore. Wish I had found out through means other than a forum post!

brooklyn

CHILLBRAVE application submitted!
Thanks for the heads up, emily.

Michigan

dont want to fan any flames here because i loved playing Magfest 9 and want to play again, but if Josh is being thrown under the bus here than we might have a problem. i feel like hes done a great job so far, so before i send anything id like someone to PM me with more details.

baltimore

All music booking is being handled directly by MAGFest staff this year.  Josh had put together fantastic lineups the last couple years, but MAGFest has re-structured the music department responsibilities for the upcoming year.  The event has grown considerably since then and reorganization was inevitable.  I don't believe there was an intent to sleight anybody involved beyond an honest communication mishap.

noisewaves wrote:

dont want to fan any flames here because i loved playing Magfest 9 and want to play again, but if Josh is being thrown under the bus here than we might have a problem. i feel like hes done a great job so far, so before i send anything id like someone to PM me with more details.

Bronx, NY

*hides under table, chanting* pleasenodrama pleasenodrama pleasenodrama pleasenodrama