New Albany Indiana

I cant find a program that is good, Right now im useing Audacity and a 1.8 m philips recording cabble, and my music sounds like shit. i was just woundering what the pros use, i need help!

New Orleans, Louisiana

Audacity is perfectly fine. Clean it up with the program iZotope RX 2 if you have some unwanted noise in it still.

New Albany Indiana
shanebro wrote:

Audacity is perfectly fine. Clean it up with the program iZotope RX 2 if you have some unwanted noise in it still.

is it free? caus im a cheep bastard

New Orleans, Louisiana
Bit wish wrote:
shanebro wrote:

There is a trial, but I'm sure there are ways to get it free... somewhere.. on the internet...

New Albany Indiana
shanebro wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

There is a trial, but I'm sure there are ways to get it free... somewhere.. on the internet...

can some one give me the link for the trial?

California

Edit: fuuu, I'm a terrible reader.

Last edited by VCMG (Jun 15, 2012 3:50 am)

New Albany Indiana

Other than than that, what gear do you use?

New Albany Indiana

no, the  iZotope RX 2 program...

New Orleans, Louisiana
Bit wish wrote:

Other than than that, what gear do you use?

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/rx/download.asp

Well I have my stuff running through my mixer..the original audio doesn't necessarily need to be altered, but I just mess with the EQ and such a little bit.

New Albany Indiana

how do you guys hook up your gameboy to your computer?

New Albany Indiana

usb? or mic input?

Riverside, CA
$ arecord -d 180 -f cd -t wav supercoolchiptune.wav

--

Last edited by ioflow (Jan 5, 2017 8:54 pm)

New Albany Indiana

keep it comming

New Albany Indiana
ioflow wrote:

i use ardour, audacity, jack timemachine, and renoise. sometimes i use 'em all at different phases of the same project. just depends on what needs recording, and where the audio is going next. the first three apps are free, and the renoise demo is mostly fully functional, but otherwise really cheap to buy.

i also have a yamaha mt4x tape recorder that gets a fair amount of use, if i want to add some lo-fi spaciousness/darkness to the sound.

I use renoise to but i cant get any thing to record on there

Chicago IL

ableton. i use it for much more than recording, but if it's a game boy track i'm finished with, i record it into that, split up the instruments into different channels and go totally overboard with mastering, usually using izotope ozone.

if it's just a quick record for a demo, i use AudioHijack with izotope.

example : http://twitpic.com/8dafvo

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jun 15, 2012 5:14 am)