Holland
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

does anyone get the feeling that there has been an absolutely huge amount of releases and they've all sunk within a week of opening? one or two of you must be musicians who intended to make works which shook the world and, well, we're just making each other tremble very briefly

Does it matter?

The Bronx

My favorite is Handheld Heroes Volume One because it satisfies my chip music appetite not once or twice, but many tine tanies.

Virtual Kikumoto - ten acid house tracks made by ten different artists using ten different soundchips, released on Kittenrock. What else would one expect from a compilation featuring Goto80, Kplecraft, gwEm, Linde, Yerzmyey...?

Nashville, Tennessee
Decktonic wrote:

follow up with more releases.

!!! this!

my favorite of 2012 so far
Henry Homesweet - Enter 5D

Vienna
xylo wrote:
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

does anyone get the feeling that there has been an absolutely huge amount of releases and they've all sunk within a week of opening? one or two of you must be musicians who intended to make works which shook the world and, well, we're just making each other tremble very briefly

Does it matter?

i second that. look into my eyes and tell me: does it really matter?

Holland
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

Really, I'm already happy when I get a lot of cool respons in a week's time. When it gets less after a week or so, I just start to realize again it is chiptune we're talking about, not some other extremely big popmusic scene with millions of fans/creators.

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Because I have nothing better to do, here's a list of everything everyone's said in here so far. Links to where you can download each of them, unless I couldn't find it.

http://pastebin.com/8E308W3F

Sweet Jesus that's a lot of chip.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Tulsa, OK

I cant wait for Decktonic's new one!

Tokyo, Japan
xylo wrote:
Zan-zan-zawa-butt wrote:

Really, I'm already happy when I get a lot of cool respons in a week's time. When it gets less after a week or so, I just start to realize again it is chiptune we're talking about, not some other extremely big popmusic scene with millions of fans/creators.

Also I don't think this is unique to chip music or even music. I think with a lot of media, the majority of hype is generated fairly soon after it is released then there is a long tail of attention. The internet has maybe compressed the process a bit though!

Venezuela

Mr. JuiCY.... eehmmmmm NOT.....

Chicago IL, USA

Infinity Shred - EP001

Last edited by SadPanda (Sep 30, 2012 4:15 am)

mainz, grmny.
Russellian wrote:

Because I have nothing better to do, here's a list of everything everyone's said in here so far. Links to where you can download each of them, unless I couldn't find it.

http://pastebin.com/8E308W3F

Well done.

.FILTHadelphia

I'm bumping this thread because it's one of the few decent threads in 2012.

4mat - Guru
ABSRDST - Home Sweet Home
SKGB - Untitled Album
Soundshock 2: FM Funk Terror Compilation
Holy Konni - lgpt_princess

home sweet home is awesome.

Westfield, NJ

sylcmyk - characters
cheapshot - nanojuke
whatever that turtlesaur album was called

Last edited by Decktonic (Sep 30, 2012 3:03 am)