The Rubber Man

Hi guyz.

DOWNLOAD: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/

This is a collection of songs made on ZX81 with TurboSound for ZX81 (two ZonX interfaces - on different ports - to play simultaneously 6 channels).
**ALL** has been written on real ZX81 machine - NO EMULATORS have been USED.
All titles are somehow related with ZX81 machine. wink

The album is for fans of YM2149 and for AY fans.

Tracklist:
01. Yerzmyey - ZX81
02. Yerzmyey - New Line
03. Yerzmyey - UrsULA
04. Yerzmyey - Motherboard Circuit ISSUE ONE
05. Yerzmyey - Break Space
06. Yerzmyey - Earport
07. Yerzmyey - Touch sense

TOTAL TIME: 29:39 min.

Full quality (more/less) 3-pages cover-art to download: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/zx81/yerz-zx81-cover.zip

INFO:

ZX81 is a British monochrome computer as big as an adult man's hand-palm. It has touch-sense keyboard and 1Kb of RAM only and it's been released in 1981 (American version is Timex 1000 and Timex 1500).
It had a modular construction, so people weren't forced to buy all the hardware in one machine, if they didn't need it. So - if anybody required additional RAM, he could buy 16Kb RamPack or more.
If somebody needed sound - he was able to buy a ZonX sound-module (with YM/AY chip inside).

Finally we decided it's not enough for us. wink wink ZonXes are still being produced by various guys. And now - one machine is interesting for our porpose: Mr-X, because it is a through-out device - more interfaces can be connected to it. So - we decided to connect two sound-modules to ZX81 (one of them is on different ports than another) to obtain 6 channels of sound.
And... IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! wink Yes - You can here listen to  6-channels music composed on real ZX81 32Kb with two YM/AY interfaces (ZXpand-AY and Mr-X). Also I recorded the music from real ZX81 hardware.
To compose the songs I used Andy Rea's "ZX81 SoundTracker" (first I made one half of every song, then the second one, because the SoundTracker for ZX81 can support only one AY chip - 3 channels).
Then I recorded them from the same ZX81 with ZXpand-AY and Mr-X modules (using TurboSound Player).

Thanx go to Andy Rea for the software (ZX81 SoundTracker, TurboSound Player), also to ZX81 hardware developers: SirMorris (ZXpand and ZXpand-AY) and to Sascha2000 (Mr-X).
If You're interested in news from ZX81/Timex1000/Timex1500 world, then visit us on our forum:
http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/ZX80_ZX81/forums/

(C) & (P) 06.2012 by YERZMYEY

Enjoy. wink
Y

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Jun 25, 2012 9:17 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

A new yerz release will always make my day! Thanks man.,

Cambridge UK

yerz-me-yay!

Nomad's Land

WOOOHOOOOO finally a new YERZMYEY release!!! incredible hardware setup, priceless music! thanks alot for this man! also - Motherboard Circuit ISSUE ONE gotta be one of the best chip tracks of all times.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Jun 26, 2012 1:12 am)

NC in the US of America

So.. wait... I have to download each track individually?

Hmmm... well... I already did, anyway.

Joliette, QC, Canada

OH YEAAH !!! big_smile

Moscow, Russia

Awesome!

Bronx, NY

Yerzmyey is perfect.

nice

The Rubber Man

Yo,

thx a lot for You kind words guyz, I'm glad You dig the stuff. smile smile smile smile
Work with ZX81 was a really interesting thing, the computer is really tiny and also the touch-sense keyboard is an interesting thing to compose with. wink But I got used to it finally. wink

SketchMan3: some people like to link specific songs to their sites (without burdening their own servers, hehe), so choose two ways (separate songs or all-in-one-zip).

The problem is, the i-demo also isn't mine. It's my friend's, so I didn't want to bother him twice with data, You know.

Thanks again, my friends.
Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
Y

Holland

Awesome project YERZ. heart Truly awesome work.

São Paulo, Brazil

This album is so great. "Motherboard Circuit" is one of the best track I've ever heard from a ZX.

The Rubber Man

Thank You my friends. smile
It was a really interesting impression to play with such oldschool hardware. wink
And for several days while making the album, we had so hot weather (35 degrees and more) that I had to turn the ZX81 off more often to not to burn it or something. wink One never knows, and the machine likes to heat itself too much. wink

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Jul 2, 2012 9:01 am)

NC in the US of America

Wow! This album was great. This is definitely going into "travel music" collection.

d(^_^)b

The Rubber Man

SketchMan3 : heh, cheerz dude. wink
It will not be my last production on this machine. wink

Greetz all,
Yerz

The Rubber Man

Ah, and the last thing -

some people suggested that MP3 is not the same what real machine and requested original ZX files but actually they are there for some time too, in version for
ZX81: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/zx81/ZX81_files.zip
and
ZX Spectrum http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/zx81/ZX_Spectrum_files.zip
if anybody has required TrurboSound hardware.
OK, bye guyz!! wink
Y