Milwaukee, WI

Yeah man, normally not into GB mods.  But that purple one just looks awesome!

Austin, Texas

I just finished this LSDj keyboard:

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I hadn't painted a keyboard before, and the finish came out great – it doesn't feel grimy or like there's anything gross covering the plastic. Very tactile.

I was trying to emulate the visual styling of a Nord Electro, but I'm not sure how well that happened. All of the grey control keys kind of break up the immense redness of the façade. That said, I think it looks clean and functional. Yay. big_smile

The only problem is that ugly fucking Windows key. mad

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I immediately thought of the Nord Electro, so I'd say success.

Edit: add a Nord sticker on it!

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 26, 2012 10:58 pm)

washington
Telerophon wrote:

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I hadn't painted a keyboard before, and the finish came out great – it doesn't feel grimy or like there's anything gross covering the plastic. Very tactile.

I was trying to emulate the visual styling of a Nord Electro, but I'm not sure how well that happened. All of the grey control keys kind of break up the immense redness of the façade. That said, I think it looks clean and functional. Yay. big_smile

The only problem is that ugly fucking Windows key. mad

The most legit thing I've seen all day.

Austin, Texas

Oh gosh, thanks guys. heart

Auxcide wrote:

I immediately thought of the Nord Electro, so I'd say success.

Edit: add a Nord sticker on it!

I was actually trying to stencil on a little reworked logo I made, the one that's currently my avatar:

Unfortunately, I'm not very good at making stencils. The text has to be about a centimeter high to fit, and I'm just not that handy with an x-acto knife. I could have vinyl decals die cut, but that can be expensive. I'll keep working on it. wink

Austin, Texas

Since my LSDj keyboard seems to have been well received, I posted a thread in the Trading Post asking if anyone would be interested in me making them a keyboard as well, seeing as I have the tools and many leftover materials.

Tangentially, I realized that the same paint colors could be used to make a Frankenstrat-styled DMG case… I probably won't being able to resist doing that when I get a couple of new cases.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jun 28, 2012 9:12 am)

Austin, TX

Personal DMG's-

Circuit Bent Kaossilator-

Modded/Painted C64 (not fully assembled yet)-

Austin, Texas

Wow dude, those are all sick!

What all have you changed on the Kaossilator, and what does it do?

Austin, TX
Telerophon wrote:

Wow dude, those are all sick!

What all have you changed on the Kaossilator, and what does it do?

Thanks man! I added a clock control LTC module from GetLoFi to the Kaossilator so that I could change the pitch/speed of the preset sounds. It's not much, but I just wanted to be able to somewhat edit the sounds so I wouldn't be stuck with the same presets haha. When the knob is turned all the way down, it gives the kaossilator a really nice fuzzy analog-ish sound.

uhajdafdfdfa
kineticturtle wrote:

it looks like a cake! i love it

KC
Telerophon wrote:

:

that shit looks sweet! I have a keyboard I've been wanting to spray and never thought of using the color scheme of any actual synth, you just inspired me!

thanks!!

plus I just realized how good this would look sitting next to the red play it loud!

Last edited by Grymmtymm (Jul 4, 2012 3:13 pm)

Austin, Texas

I'm glad to hear it!

I'm actually having some unresolved technical difficulties with that one at the moment, so it's good that you'll be trying it on a known working keyboard.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 4, 2012 8:20 pm)

Chicago, IL
Auxcide wrote:

In the spirit of all gear (which I think is neat) :

My microkorg that I added a quick release strap lock to. Right now I'm using a heavy duty bass strap to ensure it's safety.

I've been meaning to do this to my microkorg for so long now. How did you do it?

Got some nice guitar quick release strap locks, then pre drilled the holes and screwed them in. It's pretty simple. Just make sure your screw don't hit the pcb. Just take the back panel off and check. smile

KC

and as always, when you pre-drill holes, the pre drills need to be a tad smaller than the finished ones

take this from a guy who used to work in carpentry

Grymmtymm wrote:

and as always, when you pre-drill holes, the pre drills need to be a tad smaller than the finished ones

take this from a guy who used to work in carpentry

Yes. What he said. I actually hand screwed them in one night without pre drilling. I was pretty determined. I wouldn't recommend it tongue