Paris, France
xylo wrote:

Ultrasyd is doing an absolute awesome job coming the Atari ST and Gameboy.

Manual Sync!

Rhode Island

Wrote my last album with mGB and midiNES. Looking forward to throwing some FM into the mix with MDM

http://twoplayer.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by 2PLAYER (Jun 25, 2012 8:10 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
Victory Road wrote:

i want to, but it's hard for me to gather the patience to learn another tracker and get everything sorted!

go midi!

São Paulo, Brazil

Lazerbeat, do you sample each machine for live gigs, or do you carry the whole bunch of hardware?

Portland

I've tried MSX and C64 before, I just seem to struggle with the 11 available channels

CHIPTUNE

For my remix of Icarus, I wanted to use something that was a bit more sterile-glitchy than the C64 (which is more like a beast), so I actually turned back to the Gameboy for help. I think the mixture of warm qwerty-jammed 6581 and macho-tracking in LSDj works quite nicely. http://www.beatport.com/track/second-in … ix/1007802

Did anyone ever combine SID and POKEY in a good way?

San Francisco

all of my new stuff is like this. i use various synths both software and hardware, NES drums and samples, gameboy, and whatever else i feel like my track needs. It doesnt sound extremely chippy but it is. lately i have been using tons of FM off my nl 2.5, opl3, and my dx7.

Holland
DJ-PIE wrote:
xylo wrote:

Ultrasyd is doing an absolute awesome job coming the Atari ST and Gameboy.

Manual Sync!

It's awesome. :-)

Tokyo, Japan
PULSELOOPER wrote:

Lazerbeat, do you sample each machine for live gigs, or do you carry the whole bunch of hardware?

You know, I am pretty torn on this, bare in mind I really really don't play live very often so I don't have much experience to go on. The hardware I have chip wise is a Sammich FM and a Sammich SID both of which are pretty hard to come by annd very hard to replace so I am kind of reluctant to take them out live and haven't so far. The Megadrive I have gigged with. This is part of the reason I am into the Megadrive / NES idea for live stuff, it is basically (aside from the custom boards for the MD) pretty cheap and easily replaceable hardware.

IL, US

ive done some stuff thats mostly unrleased so far, but a few tracks on past albums had nanoloop 1.3/2.3 and midines together.. working on some sammichsid & midines stuff now, planning on working in my nomad with seb's cart as soon as i get mine, maybe some mGB as well

バード大学

I've been known to use the NES's noise channel with the metallic buzzing tones over some of my more loud and grating LSDJ tracks. Anyone ever attempted a merging of Atari Synthcart with Gameboy? I know littlescale's done some MIDI controlling of the 2600.

Last edited by Helvetica Scenario (Jun 26, 2012 1:32 am)

Sydney, NSW
Helvetica Scenario wrote:

Anyone ever attempted a merging of Atari Synthcart with Gameboy? I know littlescale's done some MIDI controlling of the 2600.

Was chatting to cTrix the other day, turns out the 2600's TIA chip is a terribly atonal and hard-to-harness thing apparently. It's still totally possible to use for music, but incredibly tricky. I could only assume that being out of tune would cause problems with existing synced hardware with proper pitching.

It's be pretty cool for a noise set though!

Unsubscribe

Id love to see a super programable drum machine synthcart upgrade. FAT KICKS.

バード大学
Chainsaw Police wrote:
Helvetica Scenario wrote:

Anyone ever attempted a merging of Atari Synthcart with Gameboy? I know littlescale's done some MIDI controlling of the 2600.

Was chatting to cTrix the other day, turns out the 2600's TIA chip is a terribly atonal and hard-to-harness thing apparently.
It's be pretty cool for a noise set though!

That's what I've heard/what I'm thinking.

バード大学
herr_prof wrote:

Id love to see a super programable drum machine synthcart upgrade. FAT KICKS.

It'd be cool if one could progressively add in individual instances of sounds into a loop, the way Nanoloop works, instead of now, where it's just triggering instances of entire beat sequences over the bpm.