NC in the US of America

http://soundcloud.com/sketchman3/my-req … -cover-bgb
Just trying something unusual. I ran out of chains towards the end.

Here's the original for reference: http://www.myspace.com/music/player?son … d-15715497

It's a Gospel RnB song. He's a pretty good singer.

Tear it apart, but if their be anything praise-worthy, don't hesitate to point it out. Trackers are awesome, btw. Really expressive.

Edit: Specifically, I'd like CC on my sound design, and whether I made good choices in regards to which aspects of the original song to bring over into the limited 8-bit format (should I have focused more on the background vocals or used more piano, etc,)

Edit: Also, this isn't my first dabble into LSDJ, but this came around the time I started figuring stuff out. I'm still a newb.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 28, 2012 4:41 am)

NC in the US of America

I'm sure there's a good reason this hasn't seen any replies, but I'd like to give it just one more chance, anyway.

I also added a few specifics on what I'd like constructive criticism on.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jun 28, 2012 4:42 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I've been busy, but I'll get back to you. wink

NSW, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

I'm sure there's a good reason this hasn't seen any replies

It's a Gospel RnB song.

Edit: really though it does sound pretty accurate to the original song, nice work

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 28, 2012 4:49 am)

sounds good to me. Any judgement passed would just be preferences shmreferences.

Louisiana

As shitbird stated it sound good to me. It's just preference for me too I like stuff with more Uuumph! As for a nice easy listener though it's pretty damn good man. Instrument choices were pretty spot on and all in all it was laid out very nicely. Now just do some originals sober can hear those. Unless you've done some already and I'm just to tired and missed them. I am curious to hear what your personal design sounds like though.

NC in the US of America

Yay! Thanks for the comments, guys. I was pretty nervous about this, it being my first-chipmusic-impression here.

Vex wrote:

As shitbird stated it sound good to me. It's just preference for me too I like stuff with more Uuumph! As for a nice easy listener though it's pretty damn good man. Instrument choices were pretty spot on and all in all it was laid out very nicely. Now just do some originals sober can hear those. Unless you've done some already and I'm just to tired and missed them. I am curious to hear what your personal design sounds like though.

Yeah. I'm working my way up to some original stuffs to release. Like, I have tunes that I think are good, but I'm so used to making one-minute-and-a-half long "video game" loops that it's hard to stretch it out to a good 3 minutes, and I get stuck.
(yes,  I know it's okay to have a 1 minute song... but that's not what I set out to do). I'm also really bad with choosing a "form" for my compositions. Like... which is the chorus, which is the bridge, and where'd the verses go? (also "Oh, this would make a cool ending!" and forgetting about the rest of the stuff that goes in between.) I don't have ADD, but my music sometimes sounds like it.

But... yeah, it's comin'. Slowly. I usually can work it out after a couple of weeks.

My original stuff is pretty varied in style, and mostly sounds nothing like this or what I want my influences to be, lol.