Middlesbrough, UK

Right post up what you got, or are doing, if you are build logging EDIT your post, here is mine and i will keep updating untill its done. will be a while.

(*UPDATE*)

Last edited by LastKnight (Mar 27, 2010 12:23 pm)

New York City
LastKnight wrote:

Right post up what you got, or are doing, if you are build logging EDIT your post, here is mine and i will keep updating untill its done. will be a while.

That is fucking beautiful. Did you make it before or after this site came up? hahah

Middlesbrough, UK

.... in the last few hours while i should have been sleeping. its going to get a spekkle coating once iv slept in, problem is if i talk to the ppl i want too in the US with me being in the UK, i either chat online to the US or go like to the shops in the UK... need to find time to sleep, haha. goin gto be doing my SNES soon, with matching SNES gameboy cart converter and LSDJ, try prosound it, so its the ultimate LSDJ studio... on the SNES

BOSTON

sexy sexy sexy...

although i think thretris is going to come in and pwn this thread in like 2 seconds... ;D

Middlesbrough, UK

thats what its their for, its not like iv been doing it long, im bored and love making stuff.

BOSTON
LastKnight wrote:

thats what its their for, its not like iv been doing it long, im bored and love making stuff.

oh, don't misunderstand, your NES is sexy as hell!!!

but a thread like this is basically thretris bait. is this your plan? are you trying to catch a wild thretris?

Middlesbrough, UK

*masterball at ready* yeh i got what you where saying ^^, it is a gallery thread, im not running a buisness off it, and I think its great thretris can do, i love it. mine will be part of my VJ set up once i finish it.

0R360N

Very sexy indeed LastKnight. It's much like a hello Kitty design im eventually going to do for Kitsch (dont ask haha)

Here is a handfull of my NES customs, and I have 3 more on the way (although one is another Killtendo commission for PixieJunket)

They will all get the Low-Gain NESmod, custom LEDs, and new 72 pin. Should be up in kitsch's shop soon.

http://Thretris.deviantart.com/art/Cust … -143349657

http://Thretris.deviantart.com/art/Kill … -143349708

http://Thretris.deviantart.com/art/Cust … 143349610]

Last edited by Thretris (Jan 8, 2010 12:05 pm)

Middlesbrough, UK

LOVE THEM... seen them a few times now and still love them to bits. how do you do the ink splatter. toothbrush or do you spray into the cap and flick it?

0R360N

here is an SNES I did, as well as a Gamecube

http://Thretris.deviantart.com/art/Cust … -143349886

http://thretris.deviantart.com/art/Stud … -149732920

Middlesbrough, UK

love it, i jsut spotted that SNES and sh@ birx, cos im working on a prosound matching Supergameboy/SNES combo.. its give me some nice pointers ^^ learn from the master

New Jersey

What's the best way to go about doing this?

I have a Super Nintendo I'd love to paint, but I'm quite the novice when it comes to being cool like everyone else. What's the best type of paint to use? Any specific kinds that bond only to plastic or what have you? Is it best to use a base coat? Tank q.

0R360N
I Need A Medic wrote:

What's the best way to go about doing this?

I have a Super Nintendo I'd love to paint, but I'm quite the novice when it comes to being cool like everyone else. What's the best type of paint to use? Any specific kinds that bond only to plastic or what have you? Is it best to use a base coat? Tank q.

1. Disassemble
2. Thoroughly clean with warm water and grease removing dishsoap
3. Thoroughly dry
4. Lightly sand smooth any nicks, dings, scuffs, or scratches with super fine grain sand paper
5. apply base coat of automotive adhesion promoter (makes paint 100% stronger on ABS plastics)
6. paint desired design or color scheme in well ventilated room, around room temperature. (painting in the cold is no no)

As far as brands are concerned, I it really does not matter as long as your taking your time and applying nice light coats, multiple times. I prefer Krylon quality or above. Adhesion promoter can be purchases at any automative store that carries paint (If you can afford it, I suggest you buy your paint there too)

I prefer satin or even flat to gloss or high gloss enamels since they tend to ripple and also not take to other gloss paints very well.

there 1000 other tricks and technique, but that pretty much comes with experience... I suggest carrying spray cans with where ever you got and defiling anything that is hidden enough from the public eye for you not to get caught. 

(that last part is optional wink )

New Jersey

A "How-To" from the master! Nice smile

Thanks for the tips Thretris, I'll make sure I post my results in this thread (or not, if they're too embarassing, haha) big_smile

Plano, TX

Black and Pink.

I approve.

Middlesbrough, UK

the LastKnight guide

1. Disassemble ..... did that

2. Thoroughly clean with warm water and grease removing dishsoap..... mmm nah

3. Thoroughly dry.... joking right

4. Lightly sand smooth any nicks, dings, scuffs, or scratches with super fine grain sand paper.... drop it on the way to outside

5. ???????????????????

6. paint desired design or color scheme in well ventilated room, around room temperature. (painting in the cold is no no)  ..... it was snowing... no joke

... really what happend, haha