Harrisonburg, Virginia
Mrwimmer wrote:

I'm super excited about finally getting to meet some other chippers in real life!

Same! I was such a scrub when I went to Blip last year that I didn't know anyone.

Madison, Alabama
Mrwimmer wrote:

I'm super excited about finally getting to meet some other chippers in real life!

Me too.

And I'm super excited to see some live chip performed.  Never had the chance to go to a show before.

Mrwimmer wrote:

y u no play

mainz, grmny.

Looks like a very nice lineup. Would love to appear, but as you may know we don't even live close to Kentucky.

I still have an improvement suggestion to make:
The time for every artist to play is way too stingy, if you ask me.
You should probably consider to either...

... have less artists playing
or...
... let the artists perform for a longer duration (like a minimum of 45 minutes, regarding time to set up their stuff + whatnot)
or...
... let the fest take even more days.

It's stressing everyone out to be in a rush, be it the artists, or be it the hosts.
This always made me feel uncomfortable in a way.

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Jul 3, 2012 11:33 pm)

Los Angeles, CA
Frostbyte wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

y u no play

Just kinda didn't happen, i'm also still assembling a non-embarrassing rig right now, what I have right now does not sound good.

Also, i'm just not that well known, and wouldn't really help draw anyone, it's something ol'solarbears gotta worry about with a first year event.

TL:DR i'm a n00b, not my fest, maybe next year

Mrwimmer wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

y u no play

Just kinda didn't happen, i'm also still assembling a non-embarrassing rig right now, what I have right now does not sound good.

Also, i'm just not that well known, and wouldn't really help draw anyone, it's something ol'solarbears gotta worry about with a first year event.

TL:DR i'm a n00b, not my fest, maybe next year

True dat. But, for the record, don't make many changes to your set up. The super lo-fi sound is half of what makes your music so classy.

Chicago
roboctopus wrote:
Mrwimmer wrote:

Me too.

And I'm super excited to see some live chip performed.  Never had the chance to go to a show before.

Dido, can't wait to see who will make the trip.

...roboctopus you have yet performed live/ never been to any chip events?

Madison, Alabama
GoingHam wrote:
roboctopus wrote:

Me too.

Dido, can't wait to see who will make the trip.

...roboctopus you have yet performed live/ never been to any chip events?

I haven't performed live or been to any chip events!  I mean, I live in Alabama...

Austin, Texas

I bet you are going to mop the floor, dude.

I've been listening to your soundcloud for like a week straight. heart heart heart

Lexington, KY
Stern Fucking Zeit wrote:

Looks like a very nice lineup. Would love to appear, but as you may know we don't even live close to Kentucky.

I still have an improvement suggestion to make:
The time for every artist to play is way too stingy, if you ask me.
You should probably consider to either...

... have less artists playing
or...
... let the artists perform for a longer duration (like a minimum of 45 minutes, regarding time to set up their stuff + whatnot)
or...
... let the fest take even more days.

It's stressing everyone out to be in a rush, be it the artists, or be it the hosts.
This always made me feel uncomfortable in a way.

The latter two are already under way for BRK 2013!!! They're not guaranteed, but we're getting with some locales already about it.

Chicago

Well roboctopus, it's going to be an honor to witness your first performance.
"All Outta Bubblegum" is tied with Kkrusty's "Sorry" as my personal favorite chiptunes.
Next weekend is going to be fucking fantastic!

On a side note,
Solarbear, any word on discount hotel pricing? Where is everybody staying?
I was thinking the Red Roof Inn for $55 a night. (+1 for 18 minimum check in age)

mainz, grmny.

Ah, cool, cool, cool.

orange county, CA

Such a killer line up. I wish i could go. Shit, i wish i coild be on this line up. Hahaha. So sick.

Lexington, KY

We tried to get discounted hotels but there is some big sportsy event in town and hotels aren't exactly hurting for sales. That being said, we were denied discounts across the board. The solution for BRKfest 2013 is going to be locating hotels far in advance an locking in those prices before any other big events pop up.

Madison, Alabama

Should we plan some meet-ups?

My plans include visiting some Lexington record stores.

roboctopus wrote:

Should we plan some meet-ups?

My plans include visiting some Lexington record stores.

Take me.