Russian Fedration. Moscow City

If you have any experience tell about it. The best side chain I ever heard in lsdj was knife city's song Iron Curtain - Mekkwarrior (LaDiEz MaN sAm remix)

Gosford, Australia

E commands, yo. It's not really a sidechain per se but you can use volume envelopes to the same effect.

Savannah, Georgia

I actually use a table wrapped into an instrument using M commands to sidechain the whole song:

00: 00 00-M00 ---
01: 00 00-M11 ---
02: 00 00- ---
03: 00 00-M22 ---
04: 00 00- ---
05: 00 00-M33 ---
06: 00 00-M44 ---
07: 00 00-M55 ---
08: 00 00-M77 ---

something along those lines, depending on how much compression you want the sidechain to have.

Last edited by Aeros (Jul 10, 2012 5:44 am)

Gosford, Australia

^ you use two gameboys though, right? can't imagine a kick drum sounding great with M00, heh...

I think use command E is not effective. But I think it's possible to program volume of noisecannel and pu-cannel. Like a:
vol
A5
A4
A4
--
or something just like that. But now I don't know how to make it so it could work for it

Is this possible to make with 1 lsdj?

Savannah, Georgia
Victory Road wrote:

^ you use two gameboys though, right? can't imagine a kick drum sounding great with M00, heh...

no, i use 1 gameboy actually. i hardly use kicks because i can't handle my arpy-ass melodies and them at the same time. that said, when I do use kicks or other deep percussion, i usually start the SC at 2 instead of 0 and work up to 7 quicker. i have GOT to get a second gameboy soon.

Last edited by Aeros (Jul 10, 2012 5:52 am)

Anybody know how to make evelope in table for side shain?

Savannah, Georgia

well it would have to be pretty much a modified version of my table, just with the envelope. something like...

A1
--

if you were to use the volume column in the table.

What to do if i have a note no at 0 4 8 C? Note can be at 2, and side chain soud work before it, if i have another chain before it

The Bronx

Just use the volume wheel to bring the volume up and down to the beat. Old school.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
minusbaby wrote:

Just use the volume wheel to bring the volume up and down to the beat. Old school.

Shyeah. I used to do that with keyboards then I got a volume control foot pedal.

Just make every instrument envelope 0A.

You can get a pretty decent side-chain going on with either envelopes (low first digit, second digit at least over 8); or you can do a stepped wave channel envelope.

00 - KICK
01 - C3 > E-02
02 - ---  > E-03
03 - ---
04 - KICK
etc.

Gosford, Australia

For PUx and NOI channels I find it easier to set the envelope of the instrument to something like 1D and use the table to choke the volume sweep with a single E command, or start with E10 at the top of the table and then shape the envelope with Ex0 commands further along.

For WAV I set play mode to manual, set the volume shaping in the synth section, then use F commands in lieu of E commands as per the 2nd method above.

I'm bad at explaining things

Victory Road wrote:

For PUx and NOI channels I find it easier to set the envelope of the instrument to something like 1D and use the table to choke the volume sweep with a single E command, or start with E10 at the top of the table and then shape the envelope with Ex0 commands further along.

For WAV I set play mode to manual, set the volume shaping in the synth section, then use F commands in lieu of E commands as per the 2nd method above.

I'm bad at explaining things

You can show printscreen

Zef wrote:

You can get a pretty decent side-chain going on with either envelopes (low first digit, second digit at least over 8); or you can do a stepped wave channel envelope.

00 - KICK
01 - C3 > E-02
02 - ---  > E-03
03 - ---
04 - KICK
etc.

But to do with othe channels?