Sacramento, CA

Hey guys I was trying to find an answer to my question (using the search bar) but I just couldn't seem to find it. I am currently making a few tracks for a DJ buddy of mine and he requested some "sick tunes with drops that I could use" but the problem is I have never made a drop with LSDJ before, so could somebody help a brotha' out? If you could give advice or posting tutorials or BOTH! Thanks a lot guys later!

-BluSight

I mean...what sort of drop are you talking about? Like a pitch bend down sorta drop, or the more modern usage of the term, which would be a dance-y climax of the buildup?

All I can say is listen to recent dance music like Zedd, Feed Me, Mord Fustang, Skrillex, Noisia and stuff.

Lowell

That's a broad question. I don't use LSDJ myself, but I do know that in any music making process there isn't really just one way to add a drop. It's really just a change in mood...

Imagine this text right here is a song, chugging along and just kind of being pleasant. But then... it starts... kind of... sounding lost... and... it gets all... nervous... but then............ CAPSLOCK HERE'S THE DROP BOOM BOOM BOOM

you just have to make sure that at a certain point the song creeps to a halt and comes back really heavy and loud. I have no idea how to go about that with LSDJ but I would suggest using lighter textures for you build and saving your heavier tones for the drop.

Chicago IL

the drop is what happens right after a build up. it's not specific to LSDJ at all.

edit: meaning, it's a writing technique, there isn't a specific way to do it in LSDJ.

Last edited by Saskrotch (Jul 19, 2012 4:39 am)

Lowell

Actually I think there's a drop cheat on this thing

Sacramento, CA

All right cool I meant like a dancy climax. I was just wondering how to go about adding a drop in LSDJ. I was just wondering how you fine people go about adding one, because I have never even thought about attempting one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sacramento, CA

LOL wow I miss the game genie tongue

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Increase to a 4 on the floor build then cut the frequency of the kick and snare to half. Done.

Rochester, NY

get your 2-step on

Philly, PA, USA

BluSight wrote:

All right cool I meant like a dancy climax. I was just wondering how to go about adding a drop in LSDJ. I was just wondering how you fine people go about adding one, because I have never even thought about attempting one. Any advice would be appreciated.

make a few different wav instruments, four on the floor kick/snare pattern, and do rhythmic alternation of the different cool wav+pulse sounds.

brooklyn

just let go of the game boy
if youre holding it high enough, itll drop

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Listen to some of this chipartist called "Frostbyte". He has some okay dubby stuff. I don't listen to it, but you might find it helpful.

Philly, PA, USA

Auxcide wrote:

Listen to some of this chipartist called "Frostbyte". He has some okay dubby stuff. I don't listen to it, but you might find it helpful.

hehe, nahhhhhhh

Okay yeah I have drops in my tracks, might be worth a listen smile

this will probably actually help

vidio in spoiler tab

› Show Spoiler