You didn't peel the polarizer layer.

Holland

That fixed it, but still have a distorted screen... (But with another front PCB that had the same problem, it worked like a charm). And after putting it together again I yet again lost the right channel (in jack and RCA). I really don't have any luck.

I do have a right channel, but only without the top 2 screws from the case

Last edited by relo (Jul 18, 2012 4:27 pm)

Austin, Texas

If you lose signal when you finish assembling the game boy, but it comes back when the case isn't putting pressure on something, it means you have a bad connection somewhere in your pro sound jacks. If it's feasible, take them out and check your soldering.

Holland

Well the soldering seems to be fine

Austin, Texas

Did you insulate the inside of the RCA jacks? Maybe something inside is shorting the right channel when you close it.

Holland
Telerophon wrote:

Did you insulate the inside of the RCA jacks? Maybe something inside is shorting the right channel when you close it.

Unlikely, because the headphone jack also has that problem and when I switchup the cables it also changes channel.

Holland

It seems to be something with the front PCB (changed the back one and removed all mods), but my other front PCB's have a wornout ribbon cable it seems (on an image if I keep the front a certain way) and the other a distorted screen (I think because the part above the second screen screw is torn).

Holland

And yet again it seems to be the ribbon cable... (time to find a new game gameboy)