BOSTON

THANXXXX DUDEZZZZZ!!!

Saskrotch wrote:

is the boston globe national? we don't get it out here.

yeah it's one of the main AP sources. I mean, you live in Chicago which is even BIGGER so I'm not surprised you wouldn't have it on newstands, but on the East Coast is one of the default papers

Rochester, NY

Well look at that

Congrats

shanghai

deserves a BIG UPS !

Harrisonburg, Virginia
SketchMan3 wrote:

Would you prefer he said drum machine programming? Or midi sequencer programming? Or keyboard programming? Edit: Or guitar

I just took it to mean that that track focused on the more technical side of manipulating the medium and pushing the hardware's limits. Maybe I'm not reading enough into this...

Oh shush, you. I was just kidding. tongue

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

on the East Coast is one of the default papers

Pretty much.

Unsubscribe

Congrats lads!

SketchMan3 wrote:
Russellian wrote:

Article (and James) implies focusing on hardware gimmick is bad. Focuses on hardware gimmick anyway.

Coding like a sir.

Would you prefer he said drum machine programming? Or midi sequencer programming? Or keyboard programming? Edit: Or guitar

I just took it to mean that that track focused on the more technical side of manipulating the medium and pushing the hardware's limits. Maybe I'm not reading enough into this...

You're always criticising something, aren't you?

Gosford, Australia
Frostbyte wrote:

hey whoa hey
it's really not like that
at least it doesn't seem that way to me
maybe i'm not reading into it enough, haha.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
Frostbyte wrote:

Gets popcorn.

Back to the interview review thing, I've never really enjoyed the term "programming" since, you know, you're never usually coding something into a DAW, tracker, musical instrument, or other musical interface to make the bleep bloops come out. You're almost always composing, though. That's what I was referring to/joking about. Yes, of course there are those who actually code or build their own music/instruments, but that's a minority of musicians. And I'm betting that James only composed on the Gameboy without doing any coding, right?

/semanticsrant

Last edited by Russellian (Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm)

Rochester, NY

Chill out Dwight, "Gameboy tracking" might be a little confusing to the readers of this article and "composing on a gameboy" brings up more questions than could be answered in this blurb ("oh so you play mario music"); "programming" is a somewhat equivalent representation and is easily understood by the masses, which is why it was used. 

This article wasn't written for us.

Last edited by ChipsChallengeBand (Jul 20, 2012 4:17 pm)

Harrisonburg, Virginia

I know, I know. I'm just being nit-picky. It's more important that James got into a national publication! I never did say: congratulations!

Congratulations! Here's a cookie

NC in the US of America
Victory Road wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

hey whoa hey
it's really not like that
at least it doesn't seem that way to me
maybe i'm not reading into it enough, haha.

You are correct, sir. It's not like that at all.

I see "programming" in the credits in CD covers all the time in regards to the things I mentioned in that post, and I doubt they're talking about speaking machine language, so I figured that was a common term used in the world of programmed music and sound design regardless of if it's on a Gameboy or a music box. Guess I was wrong. Those stupid credits writers... more like wrongers... >={

This article wasn't written for us.

Good point.

Edit:

Oh shush, you. I was just kidding.

LOL, oops. fwiw, that came off much harsher than was intended. My expression was more "confused puppy head tilt" than "monocled prig upturned nose"

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 20, 2012 5:28 pm)

BOSTON
Lavar wrote:

Congratulations! Here's a cookie

DELICIOUS

Westfield, NJ

Compared to all the garbage we've seen in the past, this article is a huge leap forward. Props!

BOSTON

BOSTON

MORE PRESS

http://digboston.com/listen/2012/08/br1 … t-animals/