my god that is beautiful

Austin, Texas
Frostbyte wrote:

my god that is beautiful

sweden
Apeshit wrote:

Neither smartboy or nanoloop shells are actually true to the original.

What is the difference apart from the text on the carts?

Hey Apeshit, just sent a message about my cart that I ordered.

Austin, Texas
Apeshit wrote:

PCB Mount Prosound kits version 1 and 2 have been restocked. Only 6 left of version 1, then they are obsolete for good. Price remains the same though.

Sweet!

I'd meant to ask, how is the wiring for these configured. They take the post-pot signal, right?

I just started doing all of mine pre-pot and have come to prefer it, but that's nit-picky and these are still so clean aesthetically that I wouldn't mind. I'd definitely put these in clear cases…

Cleveland, OH
Telerophon wrote:
Apeshit wrote:

PCB Mount Prosound kits version 1 and 2 have been restocked. Only 6 left of version 1, then they are obsolete for good. Price remains the same though.

Sweet!

I'd meant to ask, how is the wiring for these configured. They take the post-pot signal, right?

I just started doing all of mine pre-pot and have come to prefer it, but that's nit-picky and these are still so clean aesthetically that I wouldn't mind. I'd definitely put these in clear cases…

You can still wire it pre-pot. You install the board same as the stock board and then you hook up 2 wires for left and right to the volume pot either pre-pot or post-pot.

Cleveland, OH

Oh and I meant to ask you, Rob. Any chance that version 3 will have a pro-sound jack with a switch so that it shuts of the speaker just like the headphone jack?

Austin, Texas
justinthursday wrote:

You can still wire it pre-pot. You install the board same as the stock board and then you hook up 2 wires for left and right to the volume pot either pre-pot or post-pot.

Duhhhhrrr, I asked a stupid question.

For some reason I was sitting here thinking that the pro-sound was carried through the four wires you desolder to reconnect to the daughter board, when I know they aren't—those are L, R, GND, and the switch for the headphone jack, right?

I've seen his clean installs of these before and know you add leads to the new line-out jack from the volume pot connections. I don't know why I thought otherwise.

Cleveland, OH
Telerophon wrote:
justinthursday wrote:

Duhhhhrrr, I asked a stupid question.

For some reason I was sitting here thinking that the pro-sound was carried through the four wires you desolder to reconnect to the daughter board, when I know they aren't—those are L, R, GND, and the switch for the headphone jack, right?

I've seen his clean installs of these before and know you add leads to the new line-out jack from the volume pot connections. I don't know why I thought otherwise.

Haha it happens man.
I've got a v2 in my kitsch shell. Love it. I really think it sounds better than the stock board.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e233/ … edia_share

Austin, Texas

Yeah, newer/better caps will do that… I've gotta get me a couple of these.

Cleveland, OH

Well I've replace my caps and not noticed as much of a difference. Maybe it's the double cap thing he did?

I just ordered another one of these. Gonna make something really cool smile

Austin, Texas

Yeah, I meant specifically in the headphone amp signal chain on the daughterboard.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 16, 2019 6:40 pm)

Cleveland, OH

Well I do all mine post-pot. I would definitely buy yet another one if this feature was added.

Philadelphia

Just got my cart and faceplate in the mail today! The cart is an absolute beauty. I especially like the weight it has over the ems carts. Now I just need a flasher. Does someone want to build one for me if I pay you for your services? Pm me please if you're willing to do so.

ohgodno, Indiana

Legit, but I wanna flasher now lol