Harrisonburg, Virginia
Apeshit wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

On that note, pardon me for asking if this is answered elsewhere, but is there a chance the custom cart flashers you were considering producing to sell at near-cost will become available again?

I don't really know. I've run out of steam on that project. There wasn't much interest and it's only feasible if I can fully fund the project in pre-orders.

zerolanding wrote:

So... Which cart flasher works with these bundles of awesome?

Because I want one of these so baaaaaaaad.

Matthew Joseph Payne
Apeshit wrote:

...There wasn't much interest and it's only feasible if I can fully fund the project in pre-orders.

I CAN MAKE UP FOR THE INTEREST OF A THOUSAND MEN

Not sure about making up for the funding though. I mean, how many are we talking about?

Austin, Texas

Yeah, I remember being excited about that upon reading the original thread for the proposal, but not being able to throw down on the pre-order. I'm new school and never owned a transferer, though, so it'd be really great to just have one.

Mark me as interested if you ever decide to pick that up again. I'm sorry that we're collectively flakey and didn't provide you with the incentive to follow through on what is unquestionably a great idea.

Easton, PA, USA

As much awesome as having a new cartridge programmer/dumper would be( I would pre-order), what's being used to flash them now?

Pretty sweet you made these new flash carts! What do you use to flash them, and will they be available for sale?
Also, will the prices of the carts go down eventually? I was just thinking, why would one pay the same price for these when they can get an EMS usb cart and not have to purchase a flashing device?

Austin, Texas

This is a break from the current topic of MBC5 carts and flashers, but I thought I'd ask before I forgot:

1. Do you have an ETA on another production run of PCB mount DMG Pro Sound kits?

2. Do you know of any current production panel mount headphone jacks that are identical to the DMG one?

I'd just as soon get a brand new jack to put on my PCB, and leave my original DMG PCB stock as spare parts. If there's a digikey part number or something, I'd just tack a few on my next order.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 18, 2012 4:40 pm)

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 16, 2019 6:38 pm)

Just to answer again, that flasher OR a bleepbloop flasher will work.

BOSTON

so... smartboy will work then?

matt's mind
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

so... smartboy will work then?

yes

? then they don't work at all, because there is no hardware difference on the non USB carts and the ones you are producing. plus no firmware is stored on the mbc5 carts, only on the USB ones. Do they work with you BB carts?

Wasn't trying to inform you of anything. thinking out loud. I could have asked the question better.

Austin, Texas

…who made your defective prototypes?

Because I mean damn, I'm not a PCB wizard, but those all sound like things one obviously does not do.

Austin, Texas
Apeshit wrote:

The programming software has been ported to OSX, though apparently EMS carts have OSX support too.

For the record, EMS carts only have unofficial support via a third party command line unix flasher developed independently by a really cool dude.

Chainsaw Police wrote a pretty solid guide to using it, but it's still a pretty rudimentary command line tool that's in development. I ended up using a virtual machine instead, which I use anyway for FamiTracker, the Carillon utility, et cetera.

My point being, EMS carts have lackluster to nonexistant OS X support that requires a technically competent user with creative problem solving skills.