NC in the US of America
Lazare wrote:

I fail to see what you even contribute to this community.

Your music is sub-par, and you act like a child.

He contributes comedic relief, soothing hedgehogs, and he's taking FROM the community in order to improve, providing an example for us all. He provides inspiration and hope for those of us who are trying to come up in the world of chiptune and improve ourselves as musicians and composers. He makes us feel good about ourselves.

Lazare wrote:

I hope in time you realize what a fool you are for degrading an entire genre of music, based on your own bias.

But that's virtually what you did in this thread.

I understand this,

but why do so little artists choose to blatantly shell themselves into this limited timbre area, they could incorporate so many more timbres, and expand on the idea of game boy music to appeal to wider audiences.

What you fail to understand is that, at least as far as Gameboy is concerned, we're trying to innovate and push the hardware past the point at which our predecessors (the classic video game music composers) stopped. Unfortunately, this leads to use looking down upon, or just refusing to revisit, the wide variety of sounds that have come before ours. There are many sounds that NES and Gameboy composers used that many of us just don't want to use, because they are associated with "gimmicky" video game sounds, even though they may be a pleasing break from they "typical" modern, "faux innovative" sounds that keep us from being distinguished from one another.

For example, I can't stand the "YA YA YA" wubs that I hear in so much chipstep or whatever you want to call it. It sounds to "human", yet mechanical, to me, and that annoys me. So I get really happy when I hear someone make the typical "wub wub wub" wobbles that sound much more bassy and organic.

The Donkey Kong Land Soundtrack and the Super Mario Land 2 soundtrack are STILL my favorite Gameboy albums of all time.

Edit: And, ironically, I WANt to make music that sounds like that, but I can't yet do it for some reason. Sometimes we WANT to do something different, but it just doesn't turn out that way and we don't want to mess up the creative flow by turning something into what it was not meant to be.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 1, 2012 8:22 am)

Melbourne, AU

LAZARE GB2 /MU/ YOU ARE THE WORST TRIPFAG

Melbourne, AU

For the rest of you guys, Lazare posts on 4chan's music board all the fucking time with the fucking ponies.

He is probably the most unliked poster on the board currently, because he's such a jackass.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Hm. Makes sense.

uhajdafdfdfa

lazare, you should listen to radix, malmen, joule, beek, smh and coda. they make very melodic non-gameboy music

i will PM you this too just in case you aren't coming back to deal with all the enraged treyfrey fanboys

ant1 wrote:

lazare, you should listen to radix, malmen, joule, beek, smh and coda. they make very melodic non-gameboy music

i will PM you this too just in case you aren't coming back to deal with all the enraged treyfrey fanboys

and B00daw, Blitz Lunar, Kulor, ant1; shit!!!, just go on  battleofthebits.org  More vgm style stuff on there..assuming that's what your looking for....... also the famitracker forum is a good place to hear the real bread and butter of NES music.

lazare wheres your music!? i would like to here your melodic masterpieces

Last edited by I'mHeadingForABombShelter (Aug 1, 2012 9:08 am)

uhajdafdfdfa
I'mHeadingForABombShelter wrote:

no

stop it

not all music listeners have to make their own music, although i am well aware how pervasive that attitude is in chipland

Melbourne, Australia
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
Frostbyte wrote:

he called basically the spearhead of LSDJ sound design an amateur

frostlad, you are a good kid but there is literally 10 years of lsdj sound design before trey frey

I didn't want to say it... haha

NC in the US of America
ant1 wrote:
I'mHeadingForABombShelter wrote:

no

stop it

not all music listeners have to make their own music, although i am well aware how pervasive that attitude is in chipland

Not only chipland, but most all artistic communities.

AANABAY01

chipmusic.org literally has nothing to talk about

hey PS my music is really melodic - http://zan-zan-zawa-veia.bandcamp.com/

shitbird wrote:
ant1 wrote:

and B00daw, Blitz Lunar, Kulor, ant1; shit!!!, just go on  battleofthebits.org  More vgm style stuff on there..assuming that's what your looking for....... also the famitracker forum is a good place to hear the real bread and butter of NES music.

, and zan zan

Hialeah, FL

So is it safe to say this guy basically refused to go about and do his/her own research? You want melody-driven 80's synthpop or less-chip-but-with-chip aesthetics and expect people to find exactly that? don't know what you're doing on chipmusic.org

it's way to early in the morning for this.

Godzilladelph

Last edited by SKGB (Aug 1, 2012 9:57 am)

London, Ontario
SKGB wrote:

yall need to make chipthrash albums with these as cover art

i actually agree with lazare for the most part....

i suggest checking out the artists ant1 mentioned.

here you go