BOSTON
egr wrote:

They have charts!  What are you waiting for!

I think the best part about the 8bc charts were how bloodthirsty people would get in order to be in the top 3. so many people with like 20 proxy accounts "loving" their own tracks or organizing little Facebook campaigns to get all their friends to, running with whatever fad or buzzword was cool that week. and the end result was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING hahaha. I swear people thought that a&r from Sony records hung out on the forums watching the charts.

I got a job from my music being shown on 8bc.

A gray world of dread
boaconstructor wrote:

Orange?

Yeeeeeaaaah, that's right!

shanghai

that site looks like shit. i dont mean the site. i mean the look. its horrible. i couldnt use that with that pale orange text.....its all so unclear and hurts my eyes. make the background dark and the text white and i ll be happy yo. because remember the aim of your site is surely just to please my needs right. right ?

shanghai

sidenote - i did break my glasses in 2004 and never replaced them so it might just be an issue with my poor eyesights

Gosford, Australia

pale orange text is a bit nasty for readability in general

i'll give the site a go later!

Abandoned on Fire

I'm not affiliated with the site in any way.  Just offering options.  wink

hardcore, Australia
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:
godinpants wrote:

I was always a fan of http://8bitcollective.org/ but it's as dead as the site it pretends to be these days.

ahhhhh that guy is hilarious. i loved (love?) when he would come on under an alias and hype his stuff in the third person

Wait, are talking about radiograffitti? You know the label was run by several guys right?
And also, one of them may be closer than you think (perhaps even in this thread).

Abandoned on Fire

When's RadioGraffiti coming back, anyway.  I know they've got at least one release in the works.

Holland

Nop.

UK

nah.

Tokyo, Japan

With noichan and this site, I thought we had all bases covered? Seems not.

Good try at resurrecting ol' 8bc though.

Milwaukee, WI
godinpants wrote:
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

ahhhhh that guy is hilarious. i loved (love?) when he would come on under an alias and hype his stuff in the third person

Wait, are talking about radiograffitti? You know the label was run by several guys right?
And also, one of them may be closer than you think (perhaps even in this thread).

He might be talking about Mono/TDS, but I'm not sure he ever used fake accounts. If he's talking about me/RG, well then he had better go check himself. You are correct - there was something of a revolving door of help for the better part of two years. I'm positive there are matching IP's between accounts/emails from shared computers, etc. Hell, the AV Club was set to run a full Radiograffiti feature (timed for Blip 2011 hype) which went into detail on how to help out w/ full profiles, but this fell through.

egr wrote:

When's RadioGraffiti coming back, anyway.  I know they've got at least one release in the works.

After Blip I sort of had to reassess whether I even wanted to deal with music, period. Anyone who knows me understands I've always been on the fence, but this might be part of the appeal for some. After some soul-searching I got the wheels turning on 13 different vinyl releases at once (addicted to work) but to say there were technical difficulties is an understatement. Physical labels are dead for a reason...same with record stores.

Having said that, there's a fine line between dedication and sadomasochism. The new deadline is mid-late October. More info soon!

Brazil

Whatever, I support. If you loved 8bc, gotoUC. Plz.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
boaconstructor wrote:

But, its just so ugly..

Downstate wrote:

that site looks like shit.

Victory Road wrote:

pale orange text is a bit nasty for readability in general

i'll give the site a go later!

>Site Development photos

matt's mind
µB wrote:
boaconstructor wrote: