NC in the US of America

Sometimes it's better to just ignore those threads and let them die and fall off the front page, report them (for the non-anarchists), or PM the offenders, instead of everybody constantly bumping a silly thread just to say that the thread is silly.

I sincerely bumped a thread unnecessarily with unnecessary information that had already been posted, Saskrotch called me out on it, and thankfully it ended up dying without leaving the first page with only a few snarky redundant responses.

I can personally attest to the fact that directly PMing a person about a conflict helps a whole lot more than airing dirty laundry out in public.

Harrisonburg, Virginia
SketchMan3 wrote:

I can personally attest to the fact that directly PMing a person about a conflict helps a whole lot more than airing dirty laundry out in public.

Connecticut USA

I like nice things.

My Igloo

Well, I feel that we need a site that actually focus on MUSIC and not necessarily on all the technical stuff that seems to be going on here. Not that I dislike it, this just isn't the place I listen to music. I do like to read about all the new material in the "release section" on CM and what people think about it (one of the stronger appeals to this site). A well of knowledge concerning usage of chip-utilities and all that comes with. So it obviously has it's pros and cons as well.

I also think there is some elitist stuff going on here and to say it's NOT would be a lie imo. It's kind of inevitable hmm And why do people have to fling shit all over the place??? That bothers me too I guess...

I think that one of the real problems with 8bc was that that many people felt "overlooked" and not appreciated enough for their effort. I still think as a music site it was the pinnacle of VGM/chiptune music and this was probably due to it's great variety of users and types of music. It was fast and easy to use...and everyone could play! I can't really blame Sam for trying to recreate that. I really belive that µCollective can be something similar in the future! So, combine all 3, CM/µC/NC for the optimal VGM experiance. No one is gonna take your job, it's a hobby! Hope I didn't miss anything...

Fin

Last edited by PolarBirds (Aug 3, 2012 11:17 pm)

Harrisonburg, Virginia
PolarBirds wrote:

So, combine all 3, CM/µC/NC for the optimal experience.

Yeah, pretty much. Separating these ideas kinda defeats the purpose of a site connecting the community. I mean, right now, we have noichan for voicechat and normal chat, cm.o for album/ep releases, technical discussion, and the awesome trading post, and now uC, it appears, for listening to music. Why is that? Why can't we just have one site for all of this? WHYYYYYYY!? D:

Last edited by Russellian (Aug 4, 2012 12:13 am)

Hudson, MA
Russellian wrote:
PolarBirds wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. Separating these ideas kinda defeats the purpose of a site connecting the community. I mean, right now, we have noichan for voicechat and normal chat, cm.o for anger album/ep releases, technical discussion, and the awesome trading post, and now uC, it appears, for listening to music. Why is that? Why can't we just have one site for all of this? WHYYYYYYY!? D:

Because people like it done their way and will have it their way if given the means to do so.  It's as simple as that, really.

Derp, edited for grammar.

Last edited by Glenntai (Aug 4, 2012 12:11 am)

My Igloo

Sorry, I think I formulated that a bit poorly. I didn't really mean that we need "one" site for everything, just that I'd rather upload music on a site that focus on the music and not everything around it as much. Also that there's no need to pick one camp when you can join them all. On 8bc my single purpose was to spread my own music and listen/comment on similar music. I hope that made more sense!?

Writing on my phone and I hate it :C

Indiana
Russellian wrote:
PolarBirds wrote:

Yeah, pretty much. Separating these ideas kinda defeats the purpose of a site connecting the community. I mean, right now, we have noichan for voicechat and normal chat, cm.o for album/ep releases, technical discussion, and the awesome trading post, and now uC, it appears, for listening to music. Why is that? Why can't we just have one site for all of this? WHYYYYYYY!? D:

CMO users think the other sites are too childish, apparently.

› Show Spoiler

My Igloo

Well, I don't know who represents CM.O and think the other sites are "childish". But after reading some threads here and they being not childish? I must be confused by the term...

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
boomglitch wrote:

› Show Spoiler

So? How should that affect our standing?
And a speak n spell is a children's toy, a gameboy is not. Not that a speak n spell isn't cool. I want one. smile

Chicago IL
Russellian wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

i'd say sometimes it's okay in some cases, like to warn other people from working with a shady person.

Indiana
PolarBirds wrote:

Well, I don't know who represents CM.O and think the other sites are "childish". But after reading some threads here and they being not childish? I must be confused by the term...

The entire regular user base has a very pompous attitude about them.

Auxcide wrote:
boomglitch wrote:

› Show Spoiler

So? How should that affect our standing?
And a speak n spell is a children's toy, a gameboy is not. Not that a speak n spell isn't cool. I want one. smile

The nintendo game boy was and always has been marketed as a children's toy. Not that I care because I too am an LSDJ user, and will forever be perpetually 12, but there's no reason for most of you guys to act like Billy Badass about it.

Edit: I'll also agree with the behind the back "In" crowd snicker puss chatter, I've staked out your guys IRC a few times, that's usually all it is are inside jokes, and talking shit about other users.

Last edited by boomglitch (Aug 4, 2012 12:53 am)

My Igloo

@Boomglitch Haha, I feel you! Thought you were trying to bring some more hate into this.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

http://gameboy.about.com/od/parenttips/ … atings.htm
lul

Indiana

Sure glad all these grown men are enjoying their game boys

PolarBirds wrote:

@Boomglitch Haha, I feel you! Thought you were trying to bring some more hate into this.

No hate just mild irritation.

Last edited by boomglitch (Aug 4, 2012 1:04 am)

Riverside, CA

I miss ChipCo.
Now that was a cool place.