But why you like choppin a pianist?

NJ

i hate to say it, but this has been coming for the last 3 years from what i remember. funds and time were a problem back then. not much of a surprise there, they have a handfull of people organizing a show including a fistful of artists from overseas, and a crowd of hundreds for a hell of a long weekend. it was expected, yet still sad as all hell to see it go. in a sense, i'm glad it's happening. i got to enjoy the best of blip, every single year. this last year i wasn't able to stay long, due to having the new busy life of a family man (hah). even still, with great acts performing, i didn't feel the energy i did every other year. it seemed more people were there to socialize than to actually see the musicians. this could also be because this was the first year i was sober at blip. i don't know. either way, comparing it to something like holidays in the sun festival, or warped tour or some shit. it's cool the first few years, then shit goes weak. i'm glad blip is stopping before it could (if honestly possible) go weak.

Unsubscribe
facundo wrote:

could also be because this was the first year i was sober at blip.

Detroit, Michigan
facundo wrote:

i'm glad blip is stopping before it could (if honestly possible) go weak.

I kinda agree in a sense, not due to who played but just the set up of Blip 2012 didn't feel right to me. Seemed like it was just a social setting, this could be the venue change?

Westfield, NJ
snesei wrote:
facundo wrote:

i'm glad blip is stopping before it could (if honestly possible) go weak.

I kinda agree in a sense, not due to who played but just the set up of Blip 2012 didn't feel right to me. Seemed like it was just a social setting, this could be the venue change?

On the one hand, it had nothing to do with the venue. There was definitely starting to be a trend of people who just came to Blip to hang out rather than actually hear the music. It was kinda this "yearly pilgrimage" thing. Maybe even a sort of obligation. I was kinda shocked at how many people were not enthused about some of the acts that were playing. I know everyone has their own taste but I figured if you were paying $60+ for a 3 day pass you may as well want to get down to the music.

On the other hand, the sound at Gramercy was awful. At some points you couldn't hardly hear the music. And seats? What for?

But it's important to remember that this was not what caused Blip to go on hiatus. If the team could reasonably keep organizing it, they would. They've just hit a wall in terms of what they can handle. Maybe they made it look easy to organize each festival for the past what, 7 years? but it wasn't.

Marseille

Saskrotch wrote:

lol superpowerless

whats that?