Louisiana

Hey guys recently did a backlight on a pocket and when I was done its missing some vertical lines in the middle. Is there any known fix like there is for the DMG or what? Any tips? Anything you have that can maybe help please share.

Here's a pic:

Last edited by Vex (Aug 14, 2012 2:50 am)

San Diego

Looks like some of the bottom pins got disconnected. I can't remember who said that they actually unsolder (think it was justin and maize) that part when backlighting it. They may be able to help.

Louisiana

Yea that may be it. They look connected to be honest ad I didnt unsolder it while backlighting it but I'll pinch it and see if it fixes it and if so ill fiddle around with my iron a bit. I'd hate to have to hunt down another pocket screen to replace it with or another pocket to salvage for this one. I definitely want to get it fixed though because of what color it is. It's one of my prized babies. T_T

I know with DMG's you can use a soldering iron to reflow the solder in the ribbon cable and fix these line. Vertical lines are fixeable on the DMG, horizontal lines are near impossible. I'll look for the tutorial and post it here, you can see if you can do it on this one too.

EDIT: Apeshit's modding guide has a tutorial on how to fix horizontal lines, but I thought there was a more in depth one somewhere on chipmusic.org
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6324/ … ing-guide/

Last edited by Lavar (Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am)