ohgodno, Indiana

Ok so I look back at this summer and I've done quiet a bit, and was wondering witch works of everyones
this summer did they enjoy the most.

Mine would have to be my newest work:
http://b4byf4c3.bandcamp.com/album/fukx-it

Short as shit, but very fun. Same with my all nano EP ( Unknown ) =
http://scolexrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/unknown

If that's not a shameless plug, I don't know what is.

Anyway, gotta say, the new J. Arthur record is fantastic. Andrio's June is amazing. I know I'm missing some, but I'm tired as hell and can't remember. If any of my friends released anything this summer, it's probably one of those I'm forgetting. Many apologies sad

i don't even

Chicago IL

great thread

ohgodno, Indiana

well i meant it as a "which of your EP's/Albums did you enjoy making tthe most"

Melbourne, Australia
b4by f4c3 wrote:

well i meant it as a "which of your EP's/Albums did you enjoy making tthe most"

As such, I've changed the thread title.

Sydney, NSW

Well, I haven't actually put out a proper EP in a year or so, and I'm still working on a chip record too!
I've got one non-chip EP in the works, and it's been pretty fun to work on. The worst part is waiting on remixes from people that said they wanna do them... Beggars can't be choosers, I guess

uhajdafdfdfa

i liked making horse because i wrote the whole thing in 3 days and i got to think about horses non stop for days and the music was flowing out of me since it was sent to me by divine horse spirits so i didn't actually have to write any of it and i was really pleased with the way it sounded

Brunswick, GA USA

Why not make a normal release announcement?

Chepachet, Rhode Island
ant1 wrote:

i liked making horse because i wrote the whole thing in 3 days and i got to think about horses non stop for days and the music was flowing out of me since it was sent to me by divine horse spirits so i didn't actually have to write any of it and i was really pleased with the way it sounded

Ant1 wins the thread.

The release I'm working on now has got to be the funnest. I'm just experimenting and not trying to live up to a standard now. It's nothing like Codex but I don't care, I just want to express how I'm feeling and this is how it's coming out.

As long as it's technically sound I'm not going to throw a song of mine away, you know? This album feels a bit more personal to me, even though you'd think it's not since it's not melodic.

Chicago IL

well then i guess it's A Nation of Wind soundtrack, as the only other thing I've put out this year is Composer for Hire Volume One, which lead to me getting to do the Nation of Wind OST

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

This thread is so weird.
I'm enjoying my new album a lot more then my first, there's no pressure or anxiety or anything. People have heard my styles and even liked it, and I didn't even think oAaS was even close to being my best. Recently I've been enjoying doing the track order. One way makes it start off slow and then speeds up and the other way I could do it makes it start dancey immediately, abruptly slows down then speeds back up. Haven't decided yet.

Auxcide wrote:

This thread is so weird.
I'm enjoying my new album a lot more then my first, there's no pressure or anxiety or anything. People have heard my styles and even liked it, and I didn't even think oAaS was even close to being my best. Recently I've been enjoying doing the track order. One way makes it start off slow and then speeds up and the other way I could do it makes it start dancey immediately, abruptly slows down then speeds back up. Haven't decided yet.

release it sans track order and let people decide what they like the best.

i'm doing that with my next album

California

Not sure if it counts but On Thin Air was a lot of fun to write, even though most of the actual work was done in April/May.

I've been just putting out individual songs over the summer, but out of all of them I'd say Latino Sango was my favorite song to write.

And then I just started on the KinG SlasH soundtrack about a week ago, but that's a little too late to be called summer work.

Last edited by VCMG (Aug 23, 2012 3:21 am)

Madison, Alabama

The one I'm working on now, since it feels different and new to me and not like Victory Lapse part II.