Sweeeeeeden
herr_prof wrote:

For those with your carts, have you figured out the infinite derps code?

Yep.
Derp mode:
[555]<=AA
[2AA]<=55

Super derp mode:
[2AA]<=AA
[555]<=55

(True story.)

Psydney, Australia

True stories are overrated. True story.

Melbourne, Australia
iLKke wrote:

True stories are overrated. True story.

buffalo, NY

I think I have to give up and buy shitty EMS carts. 

My Bleep Bloop II's work GREAT but they're getting really beat up, I get scared everytime I dump/upload them.  I tried to hold out until these came out, but I need something new.

detroit

is it ok that I make a mess when I derp every night?

not that it matters. . .

danimal cannon wrote:

My Bleep Bloop II's work GREAT but they're getting really beat up, I get scared everytime I dump/upload them.  I tried to hold out until these came out, but I need something new.

What is beat up about them?

Milwaukee, WI
danimal cannon wrote:

Why not one of these?

http://www.asmretro.com/product/apeshit-mbc5-cartridge

What's all the negativity surrounding the EMS carts all about? I've had two of them for a pretty long time and I've never had any problems (other than trying to get the drivers to work on my windows 7 64bit).
Also why would one choose non usb over usb

buffalo, NY

With the Apeshit carts wouldnt I need a transferer?

My bleep bloops have cracks throughout them, when I put the USB cable in one of them, the whole board inside the cart shifts around

matt's mind

these may help: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/bl … idge-cases

(also, double-sided tape will hold the PCB in place inside the case if you're having shifting problems.  EMS puts this in every single case now, works wonders.  scotch brand makes a real nice thin double-sided tape roll (yellow box last i got some)

Austin, Texas

You can just get new cases for them and cut out a little hole for the USB port…

Also, apparently kitsch has some new old stock pre-routed USB bleep bloop cases.

EDIT: lol, great minds…

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 26, 2012 2:36 pm)

buffalo, NY

thanks guys!

Milwaukee, WI

Yep, kitsch's cases are new cases are great!  With the ASM carts you do need a transferer.  I just used a proxy site to buy a smart boy cart and transferer from taobao, really good deal actually.

Theta_Frost wrote:

I just used a proxy site to buy a smart boy cart and transferer from taobao, really good deal actually.

Can you elaborate on how to do this exactly?

matt's mind

buyfromtaobao
bhiner

there are several services you can use to buy things from taobao.  they ALL charge fees, left and right.  service fee, packing fee.  so, read their FAQ or something before using.

its really quite easy though, not worth it (at all) unless its items you absolutely can't find off taobao.