Spain

http://www.delek.com.ar/forum/changelogs/changelog-6/

yay

uhajdafdfdfa

YAY

Long Beach, CA

OMG

i was wondering if there was good and indepth information on the LFO anywhere. what/how it can modulate stuff ect...  i want descriptions that are more functional than technical.

uhajdafdfdfa

ignore this tutorial, more easy ways to write pc engine music have arrived since i wrote this. use deflemask

chipchamp: i dunno anything more about it than what i wrote. not sure anyone does. it probably hasnt been documented properly anyway

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chip Champion wrote:

i was wondering if there was good and indepth information on the LFO anywhere. what/how it can modulate stuff ect...  i want descriptions that are more functional than technical.

The LFO in the PC-Engine is quite simple, it uses the WAVETABLE from the channel 2 to modulate the first channel in different ways, you could use it in DefleMask and hear this by yourself.

In the DefleMask Manual:
12xx - Set LFO Mode:
Enabling the LFO will mute the Channel 2. This effect will set the current LFO mode, a value of 00 will turn off the LFO, a value of 01 will add the LFO data directly to channel 0's frequency, a value of 02 will shift the LFO data left by four places and then it will be added to the frequency, a value of 03 will shift left the LFO data by eight places and then it will be added to the frequency.

13xx - Set LFO Speed:
This effect will set the LFO speed if it is enabled by 12xx effect.