Maine

My pocket works like a charm though i should probably get something more safe once i back light and pro sound mod it

Nottingham, UK
TheBronyChip wrote:

My pocket works like a charm though i should probably get something more safe once i back light and pro sound mod it

Unless you rehouse your GB in a ming dynasty vase, it'll probably still handle your pocket regardless of mod.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Aug 27, 2012 1:44 am)

Savannah, Georgia
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:
TheBronyChip wrote:

Unless you rehouse your GB in a ming dynasty vase, it'll probably still handle your pocket regardless of mod.

+1. that really applies to any GB - they're some tough damn cookies. i've dropped, sat on, kept in my pocket, and even hit myself pretty hard with my gameboy on several occasions and i've not had a single issue aside from an audio channel cutting out on my non-prosound jack.

Chicago IL

yeah that was kind of my point when i said i put it in my messenger bag with all my other shit.

YOU GUYS. WE'VE ALL SEEN THE GAMEBOY THAT SURVIVED A STRAIGHT UP BOMBING

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROTECT IT FROM BASICALLY ANYTHING YOU OWN

California

It wouldn't hurt to be at least a little careful with it, though, I dropped my Gameboy and this happened:

New York
VCMG wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to be at least a little careful with it, though, I dropped my Gameboy and this happened:

that's just abstract art dood.

Austin, Texas

Well, since this thread is still going, here's an unironic post:

I scored both of these as includes with Craigslist or Goodwill Game Boys. It worked out pretty well!

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 27, 2012 11:09 am)

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

Oh I forgot about the cloth ones, that one on the left is handy. I got one of my cases as a bonus when I bought a dmg for it's guts on eBay. Ended up fixing that boy up and put it in the orange ex-clearboy case.

Utah

A little bit DIY looking but it always gets a great reaction.

Melbourne, Australia
The Laohu wrote:

A little bit DIY looking but it always gets a great reaction.

That's freaking beautiful.

Maine
Saskrotch wrote:

yeah that was kind of my point when i said i put it in my messenger bag with all my other shit.

wow GB's are insanely tough O.O

バード大学

A little bag that came with a shitty digital camera that I no longer own. The bag was way too fucking big for the camera, but almost the exact size of a DMG.

Toronto

which is currently my handbag.

Australia

Padded test meter case.  Also use an old camera case from an Olympus C400 (http://old-digitalcameras.com/MorePicts/MP51.htm)   Back when small digital cameras were the same size as gameboys!!

TheBronyChip wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

wow GB's are insanely tough O.O

I still think they swapped the guts.
I mean seriously, the whole plastic case is kinda melted, but the fucking black rubber stripe is not damaged in any kinda way. Of course not!

Cambridge UK