Chicago, IL

Alright this is my signal flow:
Two gameboys -(aux cables)-> summed into a 1/8 inch y cable -> 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch adapter -> kaoss pad pro -> monitors

this set up sucks. Summing the output of my DMG's is creating a lot of distortion and unwanted compression. Any ideas how can I tweak this for a small intimate performance in two days?

Chicago IL

get a mixer

Saskrotch wrote:

get a mixer

That, or make a summing circuit and an amp. Google how to sum audio sources.

Chicago, IL

the mixer i have was adopted from a home that did not take care of it, and therefore not usable.

Austin, Texas

Maybe take it apart and try to fix it, or call the service center for the manufacturer and see what they'll charge to fix it?

Brunswick, GA USA

Program them mono and put one in L, the other in R. Save for a mixer, or get one of these things...

I understand not being able to get gear, making the most of what is available is an important point of a person's art.

Abandoned on Fire

Rent a mixer from a local music shop.

England

something like this is fucking stupid cheap:

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/b … xer--34407

but i'd prefer to get some more pennies together and get something with stereo in & outputs, tape in/outs and send/returns

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/b … xer--31557

Last edited by Jellica (Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am)

Abandoned on Fire

My suggestion for the near future:

LINK: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi … c=3WWRWXGP

You can find them for well under $100 on eBay.  The best combination of features I've found for a cheap mixer i.e. actual faders, sends on every channel, L and R gain on stereo channels.  Can even run on batteries LOL

Last edited by egr (Aug 29, 2012 10:38 am)

Tokyo, Japan
squidula wrote:

Alright this is my signal flow:
Two gameboys -(aux cables)-> summed into a 1/8 inch y cable -> 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch adapter -> kaoss pad pro -> monitors

this set up sucks. Summing the output of my DMG's is creating a lot of distortion and unwanted compression. Any ideas how can I tweak this for a small intimate performance in two days?

Could you be a hero and clarify the title for me heart?

washington

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= … p;_sacat=0
Cheap, used, and good quality.

rochester, ny

i'm selling this mixer for $20.

very similar to the ones basspuddle posted. not as detailed as the one egr posted but it should work great for what you want it for. i actually bought it specifically to use with my 2xDMG set up.

Nottingham, UK
nickmaynard wrote:

very similar to the ones basspuddle posted. not as detailed as the one egr posted but it should work great for what you want it for. i actually bought it specifically to use with my 2xDMG set up.

If I remember correctly, realistic was an in-house brand for radio shack in the 80's, it's likely the internals of the basically the same.

(Slight tangent) Moog designed and manufactured an analogue synth for the realistic brand which was sold as the "realistic concertmate MG-1" apparently it's very similar to the moog taurus.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Aug 30, 2012 12:16 am)

Unsubscribe

The realistic moog is nothing like the taurus. Its fun though if you can find one in your uncles attic or something.

washington
nickmaynard wrote:

Whoo, mentioned by Mr. Maynard himself! I feel so special. If I get* any money, I may buy that from you.

Last edited by basspuddle (Aug 30, 2012 4:40 am)

Hah I use a presonus mixer that lets me control the gain and that's about it. I love the grit of the DMG and GBC. But you should look into the pissbox from Datathrash and kitsch