Slovakia / European Union

When I look to Shiru´s webpage:

"Software :: Old and discontinued

VGM Music Maker v1.1 (2.10M) / pic
Music cross editor (tracker) for Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, Master System, Game Gear. English documentation is included."

I love DefleMask Tracker but VGM Music Maker was my fav Sega Megadrive/Genesis tracker so far... Ahh. Shiru come back with VGM Music Maker v1.2 version!!!

Support me when you loved VGM Music Maker. Make comment here. I will send all positive "stay in development" feedbacks to Shiru.

Tokyo, Japan

Vgm maker became tfm maker

Edit - Hang on tfm got discontinued and became vgm mm?

I can't remember. Anyway shiru is developing his sega tracker still. Updates here

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4509/ … s-tracker/

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Aug 24, 2012 12:43 am)

Chicago IL

yeah TFM was first. i didn't really hear anything about it being discontinued, but maybe he just decided it's as good as it's going to get?

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Appears like that Shiru is coding "1tracker", a "chiptune multitracker", the first DefleMask inspired proyect?. tongue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

DELETE ME

Last edited by Delek (Aug 24, 2012 2:16 am)

Slovakia / European Union

Haah not... Well so I will switch to DefleMask... ;o)

shanghai

VGM MM version ive got is all good. I use it alot.something i really like about it. It doesnt need any improvements in my eyes, i ll just stick to 1.1

Damn, i REALLY have to open up deflemask someday

New York, New York

'TFM MM looked really difficult.' -Asked most people and this was the response I got. I can guess Shiru's interface never improved much. Onward to DefleMask!

Russia, Moscow

Forget about TFM MM and VGM MM.

VGM MM was discontinued 3+ months ago, but only now it was noticed by someone. Did he asked me? No, despite having all my contacts (mail, ICQ, Facebook etc), and being contacting me directly before. This thread is two weeks old, did anybody else asked me directly or linked me here? No. That shows.

I wasted years on the project, implementing requests that are useless for me, writing 100K docs in foreign language (had to learn it in process) that nobody reads, providing support through answering questions that are answered in the docs, and what I get is 'interface never improved much' and things like that. Great, thanks.

The never improved interface of the first version, by the way.

Last edited by Shiru (Sep 5, 2012 8:19 pm)

Chicago IL

well i'm gonna keep using it.

rochester, ny
Shiru wrote:

Forget about TFM MM and VGM MM.

VGM MM was discontinued 3+ months ago, but only now it was noticed by someone. Did he asked me? No, despite having all my contacts (mail, ICQ, Facebook etc), and being contacting me directly before. This thread is two weeks old, did anybody else asked me directly or linked me here? No. That shows.

I wasted years on the project, implementing requests that are useless for me, writing 100K docs in foreign language (had to learn it in process) that nobody reads, providing support through answering questions that are answered in the docs, and what I get is 'interface never improved much' and things like that. Great, thanks.

The never improved interface of the first version, by the way.

this makes me really sad. i loved vgm music maker and i really appreciate all the work you put into it. i'm sorry if it wasn't a good experience for you but you should be really proud. good luck with whatever you do next!

dag, thug life

orange county, CA

VGM music maker was the only Sega Megadrive/Genesis tracker i had. that should tell you something. it's great, and sorry for your turn out man.

shanghai

fuck them bitches that were ungrateful.
I still use it lots (VGM MM). I think there are so many trackers thesedays, people tend to take them for granted. like ugh, this doesnt work EXACTLY how i want it to so its shit. I can understand why you'd be pissed off but rest assured i know there are those of us that do use VGM MM and i find it perfectly workable. Some people just expect these homebrew things to be as perfect as commercial products are from the word go....forgetting that its one dude doing all the pain staking work so we can make our tunes.
Thanks for your hard work dude, i appreciate it heaps for sure.

DataFix wrote:

VGM music maker was the only Sega Megadrive/Genesis tracker i had.

True here too!

Nomad's Land

just joining the choir... i think VGM MM is great, even though i haven't been using it much. it is pretty much a finished prod, no need for further improvements.