Maine
Aeros wrote:

i like this guy already.

why thank you! i know how a lot of people and forums dont like them so i respect that by not spamming them (and not spamming in general) everywhere

Cleveland, Ohio

Hey everyone,
My name is Eddie. I perform as Johnny La Rock. I'm from Cleveland. I've been producing music for years, dabbling in many genres
along the way, and in several groups, etc. These days as a solo artist, I craft music that's deeply rooted in electronica, hip hop, and chiptunes. I just wanted to say hi. I plan on hanging out here more often.
-jlr

If you have a minute, check out ny new song, "Cabazon" on Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/johnnylarock/cabazon

shanghai

hi my names tom and i like marijuana, poptarts and masturbation. thanks

IL, US
johnnylarock wrote:

Hey everyone,
My name is Eddie. I perform as Johnny La Rock. I'm from Cleveland. I've been producing music for years, dabbling in many genres
along the way, and in several groups, etc. These days as a solo artist, I craft music that's deeply rooted in electronica, hip hop, and chiptunes. I just wanted to say hi. I plan on hanging out here more often.
-jlr

If you have a minute, check out ny new song, "Cabazon" on Soundcloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/johnnylarock/cabazon

merged this into our intro thread. please read the rules (and stickied topics in the forum sections) before posting new threads smile

Cleveland, Ohio

Sorry. I looked for an intro section on the main forum page. Didn't realize it was a thread in here. My bad.

Hi, I'm Joe.
Been on here a little while but not posted before, found all the info I needed! Had fun modding Gameboys and been mucking around with LSDJ on and off for a few months, but now all fired up after going to Superbyte and really want to learn how to use it properly. Starting to get the hang of using the noise and wave channels to make nice stompy drums instead of relying on the tinny samples. My instagram buddies have suggested i get on here so once I figure out how to record my stuff I'll post some of it here.

Madriz, Supain

Hi there guys!

The name's Vic. Ive been toying here and there with chip music for yonks, released a few demoes for the kicks and whatnot, but nowadays I'm starting to put some gigs on the schedule with the "band " (basically a female vocalist and the occasional keyboard/bass played alongside the dmg). I also take photos on a profesional basis so maybe some of you remember me from toher forums where i used to put gb camera animations from girl models.

See ya around

Jyväskylä, Finland

Hello.

I'm Pale and I live In Central Finland. I'm 16 years old (17 on December) and study in upper secondary school.  I have been lurking this forum about a year now.

I'm not musician, but I love to draw and mod electronics. I also love GameBoys. Currently I have one DMG-01 [internal and RCA- prosound, backlight and custom paint job (paint job loka horrible)], one MGB and GBA SP. I had two MGBs, but one of them died in experiments. Currently I'm going to build Arduinoboy inside to DMG.

I haven't made any song with LSDJ yet, but I have tested different things with a help of patchbook and "LSDJ and you"- series.

What else should I say? Hello to everyone and pardon my bad English skills smile

Germany

Hello, I'm Rynnon. I make music under the name of Rynnon Steinbolt. 22yo, male, german university student.
I got into chip music this year, more or less because of homestuck.
i have been playing bass for three years, and started mucking around with cubase last year, making instrumental hiphop, drum&bass, instrumental rock and whatnot. and homestuck covers/remixes. oh yes. now i do all of the above but with the means of chip music, using ableton live and soon, LSDj.

some chiptuney electro/house i made: http://soundcloud.com/steinbolt/rynnon-steinbolt-dsch-d
some instrumental hiphop i made: http://soundcloud.com/steinbolt/beatdown-dde-style
some chip music i made: http://soundcloud.com/steinbolt/rynnon-steinbolt-imps
some drum&bass i made: http://soundcloud.com/steinbolt/rynnon- … -no-3sc4p3

Canada

Hello everyone (or whoever reads these introduction threads),

I'm Kramlack and I'm actually just a simple artist and indie game developer with no music related skills what-so-ever. I've been mulling around this site since 8bc went down awhile ago and I'm mostly here to inquire about USB carts and hang around the trading section for modded Game Boy's. The music isn't too bad either (har har).

As I mentioned, I'm an artist who likes to stick to low-resolution jobs, and specifically, pushing the Game Boy Color limits. In fact, I have such an insatiable hunger for the Game Boy Color, that I've teamed up with a good friend to work on Game Boy homebrew (a dream I've hoped to fulfill for a few years now). Occasionally, I may shamelessly plug Game Boy Color related asm tools that my friend works on. Hopefully it'll be helpful enough to turn on other people to making homebrew of their own!

As far as plugs for my own art goes, I don't really have a site to keep track of what I post. The best I can do is share a tiny portfolio of things which can be found here;

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26735.0

But again, don't get your hopes up for a treasure trove of pieces. I'm looking forward to to seeing what comes the time I spend here, see you all around!

Last edited by Kramlack (Sep 18, 2012 6:48 am)

Sydney, NSW

Welcome, Kramlack! S'pretty cool to have another dev dude over here - the chip scene isn't all about c64 unce and LSDJ Skrillex covers, y'know.

Hey all! Twenty something frenchdude, chip lovin' the shit out of it for the past ten years or so.
By daytime, I'm a software engineer, and this not being linked in, details end here smile
Peace

La paz - Bolivia

Hey people! the name's Christian... and I'm pretty new to the whole chip scene... A friend introduced me to the genre when I attended a circuit bending workshop... and I immediatelly fell in love with it...

I'm a big fan of Indie rock, and I was aiming to form a chiprock/bitpop band to rock the local scene (so far, not big enough...), but I havent met a lot of people willing to join... *sighs*

Anyway, after that CB workshop I met a lot of people and I am currently in the process of becoming a part of a dubstep/moombahton oriented music collective, so my current style (chipstep or so...) is influenced by that, but I also plan on doing something "new-disco/electro funk".

Despite owning a pink gba, I do not own a flash card (waiting for the drag n derp), nor a NL 2.5 cart...

I was looking forward to buy NL, since I'm more of a "16 bit era kid", but I realized that, for me, NL worked more as a synth (and is quite pricey)... so I'm currently sticking to LSDJ on my trustful lappy and my wii.

Man, that was somewhat long...

NL = NanoLoop?
It's not that price and to be honest way better to start out, 'cause (in my opinion) it's easier to learn. I wish i'd started out with nanoloop when i first got into Chiptune.
Anyway, Welcome!
Looked over your ChipStep Tune, it's okay, but vary with the instruments and use the tables, especially on the Pulse Channel.

La paz - Bolivia

Yup, Nanoloop...
Actually, I started (with the demo; no 2.5 carts available and I'm somewhat reluctant to buy 1.6 sad) and made some tunes that resembled more a skrillex-like loop than anything else.

Nevertheless, Thanks... will improve for the next one, for sure! big_smile

Hi to all, I just started playing arround with LSDJ and LGPT.
I use to do experimental music and also some Jazzy and funky tones.

Soon I'll post some of my first attemps...

I'm still learning english so, don't spect a perfect speeling in my posts ;-(
Or long messages.

Last edited by hutsvoid (Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm)