ad-hell-aide

I can read the musicz

The Bronx

I read music of the mind.

NC in the US of America

I can read music. I actually prefer the sheet music interface over tracker, piano-roll, etc.

I couldn't imagine why a "non-scene" sheet music reading musician wouldn't be able to make sense out of a tracker, since it's just the names of the notes. Seems pretty straight-forward to me.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i can read music though on a keyboard my left hand is a little stupid.  I can read it better then i can play it, unless its a saxophone i can read and play one of those pretty naturally.

Texas

I read and play music regularly, thanks to high school. P:

Gosford, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:

I can read music. I actually prefer the sheet music interface over tracker, piano-roll, etc.

I couldn't imagine why a "non-scene" sheet music reading musician wouldn't be able to make sense out of a tracker, since it's just the names of the notes. Seems pretty straight-forward to me.

you can see the names of notes but unless you press play or use the program for a bit you have no reference point for note lengths, articulation or even the instrument that's gonna play the notes. if you're someone with no knowledge of trackers then watching a tracker play through a song will allow you to intuitively figure out that some things do things, but i don't think you'd understand exactly what they're doing at face value.

it's like how i can't read sheet music but when i watch my girlfriend use sibelius it all kinda makes sense in that

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

I didn't, but in order to create some tunes I started learning, to get hold of tempo and stuff like that.