Joliette, QC, Canada
Downstate wrote:

ugh the one i just got i cant seem to run under my 5.5 cfw.
to be honest this cfw shit all confuses the shit out of me. im at the point where i nearly threw my psp at the wall in a rage, so im gonna give up on reading comics and buy a book instead lol

What is the reader ? Maybe your firmware is outdatted...or the software is for 1.5 so you can't run it ! :S

shanghai

yeah thats the deal. It was PSP Comic. Which only seems to run on 1.5 yes. and it also has files for 3xx, but as im on 5.5 it didnt work of course.
My firmware is 5.50 GEN-D3
I did read about and saw this is pretty whack and outdated. The problem is i bought my psp here in shanghai already with the cfw on it, so im basically have no idea how it works.
From what i gathered there is now OFW that enables me to use sony's own Comic book reader.
And i also read that it is somehow possible to revert from my CFW to the Official Firmware again, but then i wouldnt be able to run the homebrew stuff like LGPT would I ?
I find it all super confusing to be honest.
To make it simpler maybe i ll ask this
Whats the best Firmware to be using thesedays for LGPT and comics ? ie - can i have firmware to allow both ?
ugh its all giving me a headache. seriously dont worry about it....im probably just asking retarded questions cos i really have no fucking clue haha
i am actually just gonna buy a book. for reals.

shanghai

to make my thread less retarded.

Should i just switch to 1.5 firmware ?

I think from what ive read thats the best option ?

maybe haha

Joliette, QC, Canada
Downstate wrote:

to make my thread less retarded.

Should i just switch to 1.5 firmware ?

I think from what ive read thats the best option ?

maybe haha

NO DON'T ! yikes
1.5 is obsolete for years !
If you want to upgrade to something and you're not afraid to lose the CFW that you have, Just update your psp to 6.20 and put PRO-C with the permapatch ! Don't worry, homebrews runs fine since PRO-B10 ! (got sample loading troubles with older versions but now it works like it should big_smile)

shanghai

safe. I just want to make sure i understand what you're saying.
Do you mean I should upgrade to 6.20 Official Firmware ? Which would give me the comic reader right. And then i put on this PROC-C  CFW ?  To enable me to run LGPT and emulators ? But in doing that i wouldnt have the comic reader then would i ? sorry for my retardation. Its so fucking confusing. Also should i use that recovery program thing i read about to get rid of my current cfm so it doesnt get brick walled when i upgrade to 6.20 ?
basically what i am asking is with the 6.20 and pro c will i be able to have the comic reader and run homebrew shit ?
And im guess with this i cant play iso's and shit which im not too fussed about......
if im way off the mark, and super confused just tell me to give up and buy a book yo haha

shanghai

also just want to add that i have an excuse for my retardedness.

my vpn is expired and the fucking great firewall of china is blocking 50% of shit i want to read and youtube grrrrr

Joliette, QC, Canada

Don't need to use the recovery, just update it to 6.20 and after this put PRO-C folders (check if you got the 6.20 version !) in your GAME\PSP folder, Run PRO-C and the perma-patch et voila ! You now have a cfw that can run all your stuffs ! Didn't tried the comic reader on it yet so I can't say if it's good or not !!!

shanghai

thanks for the  help man. I realy appreciate it alot ! i ll do it tomorrow. PEACE !

SMELLBOURNE BOSSTRALIA
Downstate wrote:

at Handgun Fantasy ....does Mario kart work alright on your snes9x ? on mine its the one rom i want most and it doesnt run proper. it loads but the cars/characters dont appear on the screen so its a little hard to see where you're going haha

Umm, beats me. I don't play / have mario kart on this thing. My kart racer of choice is Crash Team Racing.

shanghai

thanks for helping me out xyno........got on 6.20 and got me digicomix which is making punisher max look beautiful on my psp. WICKED ! thanks again for the help.

Joliette, QC, Canada
Downstate wrote:

thanks for helping me out xyno........got on 6.20 and got me digicomix which is making punisher max look beautiful on my psp. WICKED ! thanks again for the help.

No Problemo man ! smile