Seattle, WA US

Wait... chipmusic and... money??

What the actual fuck is going on here

Brunswick, GA USA
Decktonic wrote:

Basically, my advice is this: don't ever feel like you are being too difficult to work with, just because you are requesting proper contracts and documentation of the work you'll be doing. It's business. People do paperwork all the time. If anything, it shows them that you are professional and you take your work seriously. If they don't want to deal with contracts, you need to ask yourself whether you want to work with people that won't treat you like a professional. That choice is up to you.

Hope that helps.

I think it does.

rochester, ny
VCMG wrote:

If I've already started work for a client, is it too late to negotiate a contract? Right now I'm just working of off "we'll give you an unspecified amount of money up front when it's finished and an unspecified percentage of profits if it's successful."

my number one rule with anything i've ever written for money is this - never send the final product until the check has cleared.

years and years ago, i was engineering and mixing an album for a friend of a friend. sent him the final mixes before he'd paid me because i thought "well, he's a friend of a friend. of course i can trust him."

the guy DISAPPEARED. never returned any phone call or message. so much work down the toilet.