George wrote:

Popcorn anyone?

Yes, please.

Although if his goal was just to see 16bc go offline, there may not be much discussion after this point, lol

nitro2k01 wrote:

Just wait until all three domains have been successfully transferred and there should be no reason for anyone to hate. Though, I'm wondering if, Shawn hadn't posted this thread etc, if the SNESology domains would've been mysteriously redirected to 16bc after a couple of weeks...

Ooh, didn't see this post.
That's the thing, they've been out of my hands for a month now.

On 8-13-2012 they were put in Shanbubula's name (which was Monobrow's original request). I sent a long, detailed email explaining that they had full control of the account, that they must change the information on the account (whois info was "filler" at that time, not under my name anymore), and that once the 60-day period was up, they could kinda ... transfer to themselves (change hosts).

EDIT: I forgot this part:
They didn't respond to me, nor accept control of the domains, for over a week.

Last edited by williamkage (Sep 13, 2012 10:07 am)

A gray world of dread

Why did you register the domains in the first place when you knew they'd be used soon-ish?

Btw, I appreciate that you show up and tell your side of the story.. I just hope this will get sorted out before devolving into a mud fight. I can't help but notice a certain amount of acid in both TSS' and your post. If it's just a case of miscommunication it should be easy enough to clear up.

µB wrote:

Why did you register the domains in the first place when you knew they'd be used soon-ish?

I didn't know, actually. That was my first mistake; it was mentioned in a blog post on their tumblr, but it was not "made known to me" directly, as he stated here. I didn't notice the mention on their blog.

After an email from Shna:

Shnabubula wrote:

I don't really have much of a timeline/plan for snesology [...] of course I'd like it to be more, and I'd be glad to go in whatever direction you're talking about

... I registered them, wanting to actually put them in Shnabubula's name, to reserve them and eventually give him some kind of a site. They pointed to SNESology's Tumblr at that time. Unfortunately, my host put MY info out on public WHOIS (and they admitted to messing this part up), and Monobrow found it, understandably reacting with a "WTF?"

Looking back it was clearly a mistake, and I have no problem accepting that it was.

All I can do is own up to it, communicate as much and as clearly as possible, and do everything I can to fix it to their liking. I believe I have done this. (it's extremely hard to do, when they won't talk to me anymore)

Since my clean-up attempts:
Shnabubula apologized to me (see below)
RoeTaKa agreed that the prolonged hate toward me was getting silly.
Protricity had cheerful emails to me, thanking me for cooperating.
Monobrow has not responded to me since 07-27-2012.

Shnabubula wrote:

You might be the new guy, but I'm the one who screwed up the biggest here. I mistook the tone of your e-mail and jumped to conclusions about your character. Really petty and dumb move on my part.

There's no excuse. I hope you can forgive me. The more I hear from you now, the more I'm convinced that you are a genuinely good-willed, kind and sensitive person. It sucks that this happened. Let's see if we can move past it.

Last edited by williamkage (Sep 13, 2012 11:13 am)

Lexington, KY

Mmm. The sweet smell of a crisis averted.