Gosford, Australia

hey guys i done made an edit

http://chipmusic.org/victory+road/music/we-fucking-win

it's two Game DudesĀ® running LSdurrrrjurrrrrrrrrrrr.
8 channels is more than i ever could use properly and i have no idea why i ever thought 16 would be feasible.

Last edited by Victory Road (Sep 12, 2012 2:02 pm)

Wilmington,NC

No one replies to these threads, man. Just kidding.

It's a very fun song.

Stockholm

Cool song, bro! wink

No, srsly. I like it.

Gosford, Australia

OKAY so not 100% on the forum dynamic here but is what I'm doing RIGHT NOW appropriate? (i.e. editing OP and bumping old CC thread of mine instead of making a whole new one)

I figured it was the more efficient thing to do!

Last edited by Victory Road (Oct 31, 2011 12:39 pm)

Gosford, Australia

^ haha what a retard

also bump, new song and all that

Sydney, NSW

This absolutely rocks! One thing I hate in lsdj tunes is shitty/lazy pulse channel sound design. But you've nailed it with the sound design on, like, every channel. The melodies, harmonics, chords, everything is just great!
My only gripe? Perhaps try changing the wav channel lead from modulating in triplets to crotchets/quarter notes, to keep up with the 4/4 rhythm of the piece.

And those kicks sound like a javelin to the face, unnnngh

Denver Colorado

beautiful.

NC in the US of America

I love the pitch bending on that kick, MANNNN. And the arps are really pretty, and everything it's just so smooth and comfy.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm)

Gosford, Australia

thanks guys
i forgot to mention that this is the first 2-lsdj thing i've ever done and that's why i want cc

NC in the US of America

Oh yeah, I have to mirror Chainsaw Police's praise of the PU sound design. I've just been getting into pulse chan experimentation myself after happening across a recent thread, so my ears are wide open, and this is just so good.

Victory Road wrote:

thanks guys
i forgot to mention that this is the first 2-lsdj thing i've ever done and that's why i want cc

Ah... I see. Well you certainly put that 2nd lsdj to good use. To my ears most 2lsdj stuff I've heard feels awkward and forced and unnatural and overnonlimited, but the atmosphere created by that oscillating bass and the spacy arps really just takes my mind away from the technical aspects of the creation of the music.

I don't know the limitations of C64 music, but that is what this feels like to me, in a very good way. It's very comfortable for me to listen to because I keep forgetting that it's 2xLSDJ Gameboy music. I'm looking for a .mod file or something...

Uhmn... that kick... though... It almost sounds like one of those deep "talking" African hand drums. I can't get over it... and the snare is great too. They're like a glass of ice cold water after a brisk tooth-brushing.

As for criticism, I don't know if it's just my headphones or what, but the mix does seem a bit dense at times (could just be my headphones, though), and the wave lead is constantly scratchy. I would have liked to hear it smoothed out at times, (maybe maybe maybe nitpicking for nitpicking's sake).

Oh, and it's too short (But it's loopable so that's okay. I'll just throw it into the playlist 2 or 10 times). /obligatory criticism

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

So I finally got around to listening to this, it's pretty amazing, mang! One of the best emotive triumphant lsdj tunes I've heard in a while. Perfect sound design choices, that kick/snare is amazing together as is the bass/lead combo.

I agree with Chainy, the lead needs to modulate in a 4/4 pattern.

And yeah, this is a nice elegant use of the 2 gameboys. Not over powering in busyness but powerful enough in soundscape.
heart

This is really great! Still trying to get my head around two gameboys myself. seriously though, there arent enough chiptunes like this