Chicago IL, USA

I took it because I miss myspace surveys.

Last edited by SadPanda (Sep 15, 2012 8:36 am)

Sweden

That's a well-rounded, all-encompassing list of musical genres.

United Kingdom
Edward Shallow wrote:

Incredibly loaded questions, made huge assumptions and left no room for explanations when needed. Very amateur. Perhaps you should look at 'how to create a survey' before you use any of this information to imply anything about musicians.

I don't understand why surveys are more useful than interviews in this situation, as you're not compiling data or figures about anything, especially not in large enough numbers to create any useful statistics. Why not just interview people?

I agree.

Try using a qualitative methodology. Interviewing musicians would be the best bet as Edward Shallow states.

You'll get a lot more meaningful data than through an online survey.

Italy

Done. Good luck with your research project wink

AANABAY01

there has to be a better place to chat than youtube

I did the thingy.

Orange County, CA
SAMWAVE wrote:
Edward Shallow wrote:

Incredibly loaded questions, made huge assumptions and left no room for explanations when needed. Very amateur. Perhaps you should look at 'how to create a survey' before you use any of this information to imply anything about musicians.

I don't understand why surveys are more useful than interviews in this situation, as you're not compiling data or figures about anything, especially not in large enough numbers to create any useful statistics. Why not just interview people?

I agree.

Try using a qualitative methodology. Interviewing musicians would be the best bet as Edward Shallow states.

You'll get a lot more meaningful data than through an online survey.

I did it but this makes sense but really he'd want to interview the top artist and nothing ever is good from only skimming the top.

Scotland

Right, interviewing 'top' artists would be beneficial, but interviewing *any* artist would be better than opening a survey up to any level of musicians or dabbler of music is absolutely useless. There's no quality control. Choosing particular artists would actually give him control.

Well this is weird.

Holland

Okay, filled in.

The Wild Wintery North

Took it. Good survey. A little long. Sometimes you didn't really leave some elbow room, but otherwise, good job, I hope it helps smile

I took the survey, and I didn't think it's bad.