Harrisonburg, Virginia

Would any of you consider this comparable to ant1? Honest question, not an insult.

Brunswick, GA USA

Almost, you can hear a sense of exploration in ant1's music that is only scarcely in this. I won't be able to tell if this is trying to be like ant1 until after a few more releases.

If you don't understand what I mean, first consider that ant1 uses a lot of trackers.

Last edited by chunter (Sep 24, 2012 11:49 am)

Harrisonburg, Virginia

Yeah, I get what you mean. I just heard some small similarities between their styles.

Chicago
chunter wrote:

Almost, you can hear a sense of exploration in ant1's music that is only scarcely in this. I won't be able to tell if this is trying to be like ant1 until after a few more releases.

If you don't understand what I mean, first consider that ant1 uses a lot of trackers.

I wouldn't ever try to be someone else, this is totally my own style. I don't even know who ant1 is

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:43 am)

Brunswick, GA USA
stancoolness wrote:

Interesting... I don't think I've ever actually heard anything by ant1! Thanks for listening, though. smile

Have a quick listen:
http://ant1.bandcamp.com

Fearless childlike experimentation, and pieces that stop the instant they say what they have to say.

Chicago

jesy gus n his cru r waitin outside rite nao

get ur respr8r we need 2 kuk

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:44 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:22 pm)

Harrisonburg, Virginia
stancoolness wrote:

PS- I think we probably all agree that I can use a Paint program a little bit... um... better than that. XD No offense to ant1 or anything.

Well yeah, that's the point of his whole act/appeal/whathaveyou. I (and many others) really like his stuff because it's playful reckless yet creatively well thought out. That's why I thought you two were comparable, since you seem to have a similarly playful style. But that's just me. Keep doing what you do. wink

Chicago
Russellian wrote:
stancoolness wrote:

PS- I think we probably all agree that I can use a Paint program a little bit... um... better than that. XD No offense to ant1 or anything.

Well yeah, that's the point of his whole act/appeal/whathaveyou. I (and many others) really like his stuff because it's playful reckless yet creatively well thought out. That's why I thought you two were comparable, since you seem to have a similarly playful style. But that's just me. Keep doing what you do. wink

Lol, thanks man big_smile

Cambridge UK

I'm a fan of ant1 and I don't think his sound is that "playful". I find a lot of his music delicate, fragile even, and melancholic at times.

Brunswick, GA USA

It depends on the song, of course

Chicago

With my next album, I plan on having more of a "rock and roll" kind of style in my chiptunes. I think this style will be more organized than my first album. I will have real instruments (keyboard, bass, drumset, etc.) recorded over these chiptunes and it will sound pretty kewl. So these songs, for the most part, will be chip music, but not 100%. Can't wait to finish it. It'll be a while, though. tongue

Quite a playful collection of tracks!

Maybe too much tracks because now I'm more lost than before.

Chicago

walter white at age 52 looks just like gordon freeman

Last edited by stancoolness (Sep 19, 2013 3:45 am)