Cambridge UK

Hi.
Welcome.
Don't feed me.

Italy

Hi everybody there. I'm Daniel Seven, and I'm actually a musician/DJ from Italy (my genre is UK/Happy Hardcore and Drum and Bass).
I do like music in general, so almost every musical genre, and I was heading there because some years ago I was introduced in chipmusic. I was so interested so I've decided to turn one of my gaming devices (a Gameboy) into a proper instrument, by buying a flash cartridge and installing LSDJ on it. Altrough I thought that I need some help and acknowledgment regarding this stuff (for example how and where to mod/refurbish/fix my Gameboy device) so I decided to subscribe there, hoping that I'll find this very useful. Infact, one of the things that I would love to do is to fix some problems on some of mine Gameboy devices and make them as new, aswell as applying some mods such as backlit and pro sound, but I'm not able to do soldering.

Also I do like chipmusic very much (one of the elements that inspire me doing my music is chipmusic indeed) so I've subscribed here also for know a bit more about this scene and to hear more music from other artists.

Peace to everybody and btw if you want to hear some of my music, you can get to my soundcloud there: http://soundcloud.com/daniel7

washington

^^Daniel7, your music is really cool smile

Italy
basspuddle wrote:

^^Daniel7, your music is really cool smile

Thank you very much dude! Guess that I've made something of chipmusic in the past, will upload at some point here!

Inside a Gameboy

Dear ChipMusic peeps
I just joined
I am a noob so i apologize if i am posting this in the wrong place of the forum i looked for a "introduce yourself" type of forum thing but nothing
I tried making le bleep bloops like years ago....
I traded my spare psp 3000 to a guy and i clearly stated that i wanted the LSDJ cart and he gave me a
crappy painted DMG >.> btw the guys name was "jetski" or something lame like that
But meh thats the past..
Anywho i am trying to make some tunes again  I got LSDJ to run on my DS but its not the same as having it on a original gameboy
I own 2 DMGs a Pocket and a old Phat DS  Ohh and i also run LSDJ on my iphone
But yeah i am 22  i have free time to kill now so making some chiptunes (or atleast trying) would be fun
Any of you guys would love to help me or hook me up with a spare cart you may have laying around that would help  I will return the favor with a painting? I am a good artist and i could probably paint you something 8bit related

Anywho if you guys wanna know more about me let me know  Hope to hear from you awesome peeps soon

Seattle, WA

Hi,

I'm a computer programmer n piano player.
My baby is http://pianocheater.com
It's main goal in life is to help you with piano practice, but I'm starting to add a
synth to it.  It used to be soundfont based, verrrry similar to FluidSynth hmm
But NOW, it's completely .WAV file based (release soon) and all patch params will
be stored in a midi file.
Also, I have a Txt2Midi part fo this app that'll let you enter notes with your favorite
text editor into as many tracks as you like (one per .txt file) with as much polyphony as
you like per track.

So NOW I'm trying to find a decent set of .WAV files that cover, mmm, maybe not ALL but
the useful parts of GM that a piano/synth player would want.

If anybody would like to give me ideas about where my BABY should go, I'm all ears.

...Steve

Austin, Texas

That's really pretty cool, man! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the party!

Seattle, WA

Whaaaaa thanks.  So is this chipmusic.org site YOUR baby, then?

Chicago, IL

Hey everyone!  I'm Jon.

I've only recently gotten into chiptunes.  I've always enjoyed classic video game music, and I've imported a lot of old cassettes and CD's from the 8bit and 16bit eras.  I'm also a member of the NintendoAge community (nesguy) and through there I picked up several NES music carts by Alex Mauer, which were my first exposure to chiptunes.  Then on a whim, I bought the Blipfest '08 album off Fangamer's store, and I've been slowly exploring chiptunes ever since. 

I look forward to getting to know folks around here.  Cheers!

the Netherlands

I'm new. Well, not that new actually. Hope some people at least remember my name ;D
Joined 8bc in 2006 and chiptune has been a part of my life ever since.
Looking forward to buying the drag n derp cart since I want to start using LSDj again.
I've been working with Ableton and vsts forever but want to try the real deal again.
Used to own LSDj but sold it like 4 times because I found it too difficult and had no motivation to learn the program.
oh and my Soundcloud is http://www.soundcloud.com/popsicletheory (also have some ambient stuff online here: http://www.soundcloud.com/texturesmusic-1) cheers!

Sydney, NSW

Hey Eline! Nice to see ya finally hopped over here tongue

You don't know me.

the Netherlands

i know you

They don't know me.

#radelaide

Hey guys! I'm a German-American rocket scientist, aerospace engineer, space architect, and one of the leading figures in the development of rocket technology in Nazi Germany during World War II and, subsequently, in the United States. In my 20s and early 30s, I was the central figure in Germany's rocket development program, responsible for the design and realization of the V-2 combat rocket during World War II. After the war, I and some select members of my rocket team were taken to the United States as part of the then-secret Operation Paperclip. I worked on the United States Army intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM) program before my group was assimilated by NASA, under which I served as director of the newly formed Marshall Space Flight Center and as the chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the superbooster that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the Moon. According to one NASA source, I am "without doubt, the greatest rocket scientist in history". Also I make rad chipmusic.

Last edited by Les Incoiffables (Oct 9, 2012 3:56 pm)

Boston

Hey everyone! My name is Kyle.

I've been experimenting with Nanoloop for the iOS and with LSDJ. I've posted my finished products from the iOS here: http://soundcloud.com/blindwatermelon but I haven't posted any LSDJ songs because those have been greater endeavors. I hope to get them up soon though! I've been a member for a little while and I'm enjoying my time! Keep on rockin!