Hello! I was wondering about running lsdj through a gameboy emulator on an r4. Would this be possible?

Also has anyone done this before?

Brunswick, GA USA

Possible? Yes. Good? Maybe.

I used NTRQ in that manner but got frustrated by not bring able to use dpcm (because of that particular NES emulator.) I got bored with the process before trying with LSDJ.

Savannah, Georgia

generally LSDJ through a DS doesn't sound good, but it's doable.

Last edited by Aeros (Sep 30, 2012 10:20 pm)

vancouver, canada

my first LSDJ track (nuck nuck) was recorded off of a Nintendo DS Lite running off of an R4 cart (which in turn ran the lameboy emulator):

http://chipmusic.org/bryface/music/cheap-bastard-groove

i used the WAV channel exclusively for the drums because i didn't know any better.  as you can see, they sound quite terrible running off the emulator, but i tried to make the most out of it anyway.

perhaps the main benefit to running LSDJ there is that the DS' beautiful screen smile

Riverside, CA

Yeah, lameboy sounds like balls.
Not even worth it imo.

The only music ROMs I use with it are Deathray and Shitwave.

Puerto Rico

The pulse channels don't really change. The wav channel sounds shitty especially while using samples and the noise channel sounds different, though not necessarily bad. There's also the issue that unless your instrument envelopes are all set to decay the sound will continue after you pause, giving you a lot of straight tones/droning sounds. You can use this to your advantage though, I have done it before. (nitro has an edited lameboy rom that fixes this bug)

Otherwise you could write on your DS and move your savs over to your computer and record/render them off VBA.

(tl;dr it doesn't suck that bad.)

Chicago IL

as long as you're trying not to use the actual hardware, MasterBoy (SMS/GG/GB emulator for PSP) sounds pretty spot on. the select / start buttons aren't in a comfortable place so i set them to the shoulder buttons like piggy tracker

Austin, Texas

If you're going to record from an emulator, you might as well use BGB, since it is the most accurate one.

Last edited by Telerophon (Oct 1, 2012 2:52 am)