"I guess what I'm really trying to say here is if you dig it, awesome! If not, -shrugs- go elsewhere." <-- THERE IS NO MALICE WHATSOEVER in that statement. Just a straightforward explanation of my thoughts on the matter.

Felt the need to include this little addendum in an attempt to prevent misunderstandings. Not that those ever happen on forums, of course... ;3

Orange County, CA
hoodlum1436 wrote:

"I guess what I'm really trying to say here is if you dig it, awesome! If not, -shrugs- go elsewhere." <-- THERE IS NO MALICE WHATSOEVER in that statement. Just a straightforward explanation of my thoughts on the matter.

Felt the need to include this little addendum in an attempt to prevent misunderstandings. Not that those ever happen on forums, of course... ;3

\m|^.^|m/

Last edited by Dr Treble (Sep 19, 2012 4:59 pm)

rochester, ny
hoodlum1436 wrote:

totally respect that!

Chicago IL
hoodlum1436 wrote:

There are other more straightforward, traditional groups, means, methods, associations, etc. to utilize for people who aren't interested in my particular type of madness.

Wait, what do you think madness means? Cause I'm pretty sure it isn't interchangeable with immature or annoying, which is what we've been calling your methods. Did you mean to say methods?

lol XD WINNING EPIC

NYC
bryface wrote:

good to hear you guys are pushing out some more music, looking forward to it!

but while you're here, may i make a suggestion to tone down the heavy-handed exclamations, asterisks, shouting, tired memephrases, bluster and general noise?  i'm sorry but every time i read anything promoted by you, good lord, it's like i want to dive headfirst into a wall of nails.  i can't be the only one who feels this way.

it's a shame because the compilations are otherwise pretty good (it's shocking how many people were involved) and deserve more attention, but that potential is sabotaged by the immature presentation in my opinion.

i'm not saying to rid your language of the passion that you clearly have (which is great) but as a favour to the general public, try cutting down on the gimmicky brotalk at least a LITTLE bit, come on!

You're my hero

Madison, Alabama

I know people have been giving Brandon a hard time for his style, but I have to hand it to him, he has put together a nice lineup for this compilation.
(Full disclosure - I'm on it, though a lesser entry.)

All caps and ascii stuff aside, the guy is enthusiastic and knows how to organize.  Check it:

Auxcide
AndaruGO
Andrew Kilpatrick
animal style
Beta to the Max
C-jeff
Disasterpeace featuring Stemage
Derris-Kharlan
Electric Children
Marshall Art (jmr + streifig)
Nordloef
Optimus Chad
OxygenStar
Roboctopus
Stern Fucking Zeit
Slime Girls
subPixel
Skip Cloud
SingkongBalado
Solarbear
The J. Arthur Keenes Band
Zio and TEH LOLZ

Savannah, Georgia

auxcide, roboctopus, electric children, nordloef, solarbear and JAKB all in the same compo? holy shit gimme gimme gimme

Last edited by Aeros (Sep 30, 2012 1:41 am)

BOSTON

that lineup is legit as fuck

Montgomery, AL

Slime Girls and J.A.K?

Buying.

Westfield, NJ

In another thread we are having a lively discussion about how to move chipmusic forward and then I come to this thread and it's the usual bashing of "don't do stuff your way, do it my way instead."

What really gets me is reading this from people that would probably have a fit if I told them how to do things, but they see nothing wrong doing the same thing to others. And worse, in a forum where this really isn't outside the realm of possibilities (see any release thread by ant1).

Also, ITT: damn kids these days, get off my lawn, etc.

Back to the topic at hand: I'm excited about this comp! Dat lineup.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Pieces of Eight wrote:

Slime Girls and J.A.K?

Buying.

*listening to the release show*
Yeah. They both brought it. Solid stuff.

Madison, Alabama

It's live and it is super epic.

http://chiptuneswin.com/album/chipwin-e … n-pack-m-m

Westfield, NJ

wow these tracks go HAM.

Montgomery, AL

Roboctopus.

Roboctopus oh my god.

Don't stahp.

I'm really glad you brought back the live instrumentation.

Like...  woah, man.

Melbourne, Australia

super impressed by the tracks on this... woah