Los Angeles, CA

Yeah to be honest, using other mods or Midi files or what not is pretty lazy but really, I've transcribed some video game songs by ear to 100% accuracy, and fuck that. There was one time I had a great idea for a cover of an NES song (can't remember which), I spent a lot of time tracking out the song, figuring out each note...There was some pretty complicated shit going on in the song and I know nothing of music theory or anything so the only way I could really do this was export each track to WAV, open up the individual tracks, loop each and every note until I could match it with whatever tracker I was using. By the time I got the song tracked out, whatever inspiration I'd had to turn it into something interesting was completely gone, and thus, it was a complete waste of time.

Newcastle, UK
Turtle413 wrote:

I work around the clock 24/7 on these chip projects, and LSDJ in general...thanks for those of you that are struggling like me and offer great help!

If you work so hard, then how come you started a thread where you expected people to share their lsdj patches with you, into which you put nothing, and then complained when no one wanted to help you?
And now you want people to tab out songs for you?
More like "I do nothing around the clock 24/7 on these chip projects, and LSDJ in general."

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

LOL.

astral cat

it's also funny that you seem to think *thread closed* means people won't post in it lol seriously man, covers aren't very hard. Just give it a whirl and see if you can DIY!

Melbourne, Australia

So much fail

Riverside, CA

this guy's pretty funny.

MA

Ummm...ok...since this thread is still open, and anyone is allowed to puke in it (LOL) Anyone cool know a good method to produce a "ride Cymbal" (jazz) or a decent "upright bass" sounding instrument? (no haters or bitches

@10K: hahaha if you are the BRK then I must say your music is fucking horrible...I mean horrifuckable wink...less vocals next time maybe??

@Silph Scope: Your avatar is funny! WTF...wheres the 3-d shades bro? hahaha

@Shonen: take your stupid mask off... Batman ain't saving shit! smile

@Deriris: Fail=Success (Through Trial & Error)

Riverside, CA

thanks, its my girlfriend's dog haha
also, for the ride cymbal why not use a kit?
and the upright bass, just use a pluck sounding envelope.

MA
The Silph Scope wrote:

thanks, its my girlfriend's dog haha
also, for the ride cymbal why not use a kit?
and the upright bass, just use a pluck sounding envelope.

Good call...I'll post up some of my samples soon on audcity, when my computer is fixed

Chicago IL

hey this isnt closed

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Turtle413 wrote:

@10K: hahaha if you are the BRK then I must say your music is fucking horrible...I mean horrifuckable wink...less vocals next time maybe??

VA

ummmm....isn't the LSDJ patchbook back up?  And if it is not...there is a thread on the other site for LSDJ patches.  Maybe you could go use that.  For a ride...the kits sound okay, but you could very easily make something like that in the NOI channel.  Make noise instrument, select envelope of choice.

If you want, fuck with the sweep setting and connect to table that transposes DOWN.  I like FF, FE, F8, F8 and other variations of that pattern, with sweep E0 or D0, or yet another variation of those.  That will give you a snappy sounding snare.  If you use D0, it makes a pretty good kick on C3, and a good snare on C4.

And yes, those little boys should not have been mean to you, but flaming them back is not the way to go, especially if you are trashing their music.  Now say you're sorry wink

MA

^Me so sorry....thanks C-Bomb