x-men reign of apocalypse
muppet pinball mayhem
scurge hive

Chicago

Fire Red and/or Leaf Green
I'm playing through Leaf Green now.
Yoshi's Island was a lot of fun too

Canada

Same response someone else gave in the last thread, but a flash cart. Specifically so you can play Mother 3 and Boktai 3, in English. Boktai 1 and 2 were going to be my main recommendations otherwise. They're incredibly overlooked Kojima titles that need more love (kind of like Zone of the Enders). I'd say those two, mixed with some other games people have mentioned (Astro Boy, Advance Wars 2, Metroid and Vania) make up probably the best GBA games.

If you aren't willing to do a flash cart, then I still recommend both Mother 3 and Boktai 3 if you're up for using online translations, these games really should not be overlooked.

Last edited by Kramlack (Oct 4, 2012 3:39 am)

Madison, Alabama
Kramlack wrote:

Same response someone else gave in the last thread, but a flash cart. Specifically so you can play Mother 3 and Boktai 3, in English. Boktai 1 and 2 were going to be my main recommendations otherwise. They're incredibly overlooked Kojima titles that need more love (kind of like Zone of the Enders). I'd say those two, mixed with some other games people have mentioned (Astro Boy, Advance Wars 2, Metroid and Vania) make up probably the best GBA games.

If you aren't willing to do a flash cart, then I still recommend both Mother 3 and Boktai 3 if you're up for using online translations, these games seriously should not be overlooked.

Yeah, this.  I think the EZ-Flash IV is the only one still readily available for the GBA, but I recently dumped the Mother 3 translation onto mine and it has worked like a charm so far.  Definitely worth your time.

washington

F-Zero is pretty cool.

Just whatever you do, don't get Jackie Chan. It's awful.

If you aren't willing to do a flash cart

I'm honestly not the guy for flash carts, but i will consider it for the JPN Games.
Cause i really like to still have something physical, even if i have enough games for other console lying around here already.

La paz - Bolivia
SadPanda wrote:

ravemaster

Bassicaly, as close as you will get to Super Smash Bros. on the GBA.
If you like RPG's, I recomend you:

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. Pretty much one of the best games on the console. mixing RPG with fighting was just glorious!

Shining Soul II and Sword of Mana. both are great action-RPG's.

Onimusha Tactics. If you like Advance Wars or FF tactics.

And Baldur's Gate if, like me, you like more "western" RPG's. it's pretty much "Diablo goes GBA"

TLOZ: The Minish Cap is fantastic

Because i have looked around a bit.
Guess i will get a Flash card for Japanese Patched Games.
Does anybody have some suggestions there? I also like games based on Animes, like for example "Love Hina Advance".

Chicago IL, USA
9-Heart wrote:

I also like games based on Animes, like for example "Love Hina Advance".

some have been mentioned before:

one piece
shaman king games
dbz legacy of goku series
naruto ninja council series
ravemaster
sd gundam force
yu yu hakusho tournament tactics
zoids legacy

Chicago
roboctopus wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

what the fuck is happening to this place

Seriously?

This is a forum that promotes a community where people make music based on, with, inspired by, etc., old video game hardware.  And you're surprised/confused/chagrined when people ask for video game recommendations? 

You should be happy OP put this thread in the Nintendo Handhelds section.

8bc is dead.  This scene is TINY.  People want to socialize and chat about shared interests as much as they want to share music.  I think it's reasonable to assume shared interests might include video games.  Sure, OP could have googled "best GBA games", but maybe OP wants the opinions of some like-minded souls on this site.  I don't understand why that is so upsetting to some people.

If you don't want to see these threads, maybe you should beg the mods to create a video game recommendation section and disconnect it from the home page so they don't have to briefly offend you.

/rant

Thank you so much. You are a light in this dark Internet community.

Last edited by stancoolness (Oct 6, 2012 12:44 am)

Chicago
NightRaven wrote:

Golden sun, Golden sun: lost age.

Rhythm Tengoku!

lolusa
  • Drake and Josh

Last edited by ovenrake (Oct 7, 2012 12:43 am)

roboctopus wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

what the fuck is happening to this place

Advance Wars/Advance Wars 2

Seconded, although the story is told really childishly and the maps get really hard really fast.